GWT 2.5 and beyond

jimo

Mar 30, 2012, 6:43:32 AM3/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm currently using GWT for a project and am interested in its future, as I've noticed that there hasn't been much activity (source changes, etc.) of late ...

Thanks,
Jim

supercobra

Mar 31, 2012, 10:00:56 AM3/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
The GWT PR machine has been offline for a year now. As it seems, the GWT engineers have been either working hard on a big and long project that is going to blow our socks off and hopefully they'll unveil it at Google IO 2012 or Google is winding down the project which would be a huge pity. The event that got me worried a lot is when their developer relation engineer David Chandler was moved to another group. David's blog: http://turbomanage.wordpress.com/
So far I have not heard of the name of his replacement.

Google should we worry or get excited?

Thomas Broyer

Mar 31, 2012, 10:07:49 AM3/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Joseph Lust

Mar 31, 2012, 11:56:54 AM3/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I use TeamCity to build each GWT trunk commit. For example there were four commits yesterday to the GWT trunk to add ARIA accessibility support. So yes, they're still in the game.

Sincerely,
Joe

Joshua Kappon

Apr 3, 2012, 4:09:47 AM4/3/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I second that

Handw

Apr 12, 2012, 2:30:58 PM4/12/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
That's amazing!

Nagin Kothari

Apr 13, 2012, 6:37:44 AM4/13/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I , too second that

regard

Nagin

That's amazing!

marek.gregor

May 25, 2012, 4:36:11 AM5/25/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Finally we will know more at Google IO 2012:  https://developers.google.com/events/io/sessions/gooio2012/218/

Handw

May 30, 2012, 1:12:18 PM5/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Good News

Bademus ᵗʰᵉ

Jun 4, 2012, 6:12:48 PM6/4/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Can you share unofficial gwt2.5 build?
Thank you.

Joseph Lust

Jun 9, 2012, 10:06:55 AM6/9/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
34 commits to the GWT trunk so far today. 2.5 must be getting closer.

Joe