Including Jars on server side only - causing client compile errors

aloleary

Aug 24, 2010, 3:12:30 PM8/24/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Hello,
I am using Eclipse to develop GWT client and server using latest
versions of everything.

I am adding some jars to my project that are only used in the Server -
there should be no gwt limitations to these jars. However once I add
them I get the following:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
reportUnusedDeclaredThrownExceptionIncludeDocCommentReference
at
com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.getCompilerOptions(JdtCompiler.java:
348)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler
$CompilerImpl.<init>(JdtCompiler.java:173)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.JdtCompiler.doCompile(JdtCompiler.java:
506)
at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.CompilationStateBuilder
$CompileMoreLater.compile(CompilationStateBuilder.java:153)

Is there a best practice in how to setup the gwt client classpath as
apposed to the server one for this type of operation.

Thanks in advance,
-A-

aloleary

Aug 24, 2010, 3:41:01 PM8/24/10
to Google Web Toolkit
Sorry for anyone else reading this I had to change the order of
imports in Eclipse - the default Maven order was causing the issue

Wadael

Nov 30, 2011, 9:02:34 AM11/30/11
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your message, put me on the right path to solve this.

My app wasnt compiling anymore on 2.4 (ok w/ 2.3). I "up-ped" the GWT (dev & user) libs in the "Order and Export" tab of the build path.

The order I use is :
JRE
my project src
validation