prefix on obfuscated function names

Gasotelo

Nov 29, 2012, 3:41:41 PM11/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

We have a project on GWT and our production version have been compiled on obfuscated mode for security reasons. The application works fine, except when a browser plugin inserts javascript on the page, because some plugins have functions with obfuscated names, like aa, ab, xv, zf, etc...

We wonder if there is a way to tell GWT compiler to add a prefix to all javascript obfuscated functions, so the functions get names like cccab, ccczf, cccaa, etc.

It is not possible to tell all users to remove their plugins to use our page.

Thanks a lot.

Gasotelo

Nov 30, 2012, 9:43:45 AM11/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
There is a simple way: rewrite the name obfuscator class of GWT compiler and recompile it. I just do it and it works.

Joseph Lust

Nov 30, 2012, 11:06:38 AM11/30/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
What linker are you using? With the xsiframe linker the GWT code is loaded inside of its own frame and as such should not be susceptible to such namespace pollution from other libs.

See the recent post that addressed this same issue as it is common:

Sincerely,
Joseph