What is the easiest / best solution for drag and drop in GWT right now?

CSchulz

Jan 27, 2012, 5:53:00 AM1/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
I'm wondering what the current stat of drag and drop is in GWT. So far it looks like GWT-DND is the only major one out there. http://code.google.com/p/gwt-dnd/ It looks roughly pieced together and not necessarily the easiest to use. Any thoughts?

CSchulz

Jan 27, 2012, 10:01:41 AM1/27/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com

Jaroslav Záruba

Jan 28, 2012, 1:35:04 AM1/28/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
As you probably know 2.3 introduced DnD, it is easy to use and very straightforward, sadly even in 2.4 it does not work in Opera. :(

Thomas Broyer

Jan 29, 2012, 6:25:57 AM1/29/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
This is because Opera doesn't support it: http://caniuse.com/dragndrop
Message has been deleted

CSchulz

Jan 31, 2012, 5:59:22 AM1/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!! I actually didn't know this! This will help a ton! Do you know if there have been any objects created for it? Like a rearrangeable list?

Marwa

Jan 31, 2012, 9:29:32 AM1/31/12
to Google Web Toolkit
If your concern is rearranging lists using drag and drop, this can be
done by gwt-dnd package. I've used it to rearrange a list of
disclosure panels. The rearrangement is saved in the Database via
RequestBuilder.
One of the best things I found regarding how to make composite objects
(like Disclosure panel) draggable, is by inserting components in a
FocusPanel.

Thomas Broyer

Jan 31, 2012, 10:56:19 AM1/31/12
to google-we...@googlegroups.com
GWTQuery has good support for DnD too (including dragging out of and dropping into Cell widgets: CellList, etc.)

(disclaimer: I never, ever used GWTQuery)