GWT 2.8 last call & help with testing

Daniel Kurka

Jul 13, 2016, 1:29:54 PM7/13/16
to google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

the last patch that is needed for 2.8 (https://gwt-review.googlesource.com/15193) is about to land.

I will cut the release candidate on Friday morning (MTV time). This means that we need one clean build before hand in Jenkins. So we will be blocking master from any more patches starting tomorrow morning MTV time.
Anything that is not relevant to the GWT 2.8 release will have to wait until 2.8.0 final (or even slightly longer if we anticipate a 2.8.1).

We also need someone to coordinate testing on the open source side as well as tester to do the actual testing.
Let me know if you want to take over coordination or testing and I will help you get started.

-Daniel

Thomas Broyer

Jul 13, 2016, 2:12:29 PM7/13/16
to GWT Contributors
We have a regression due to Java 8 changes in c.g.g.emul and generators, that affects at least AutoBeans. I'll try to work on fixes tomorrow, Friday otherwise. I'll file (or reopen) an issue for better tracking.