A new version of the Google Visualization API was released to production on 8/27

Thomas Rybka

Aug 27, 2013, 1:46:02 PM8/27/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
We have pushed a new release to production.

This release includes the new Timeline Charts, which have been available in testing (1.1), and which were announced at Google I/O.

Some of the most interesting features:

  • Timeline Charts, which depict how a set of resources are used over time.
  • Donut Charts: pie charts with a hole in the center.
  • Map refresh for GeoCharts
  • Customizable tick values and labels
  • getBoundingBox and related methods for extracting information about where chart elements are drawn on the screen.
The full list can be found here:

Enjoy!
The Google Chart Tools Team

Carlos Moreira

Aug 28, 2013, 10:07:48 AM8/28/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for these updates guys!

I am a big Geochart user, so thank you for the updates on that particular chart :)
I was hoping to see html tooltips for the Geochart in this update, any prediction on when this might be available? It would be an amazing feature!

Cheers

Olemis Lang

Aug 29, 2013, 2:27:27 AM8/29/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

On 8/27/13, Thomas Rybka <try...@google.com> wrote:
> We have pushed a new
> release<https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/release_notes>to
> production.
>
> This release includes the new Timeline Charts, which have been available in
> testing (1.1), and which were announced at Google I/O.
>
> Some of the most interesting features:
>

> - Timeline
> Charts<https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/timeline>,
> which depict how a set of resources are used over time.

Very useful . I liked this visualization since I watched the
presentation @ Google I/O 2013 . Very good work !

> - Donut
> Charts<https://developers.google.com/chart/interactive/docs/gallery/piechart#donut>:
> pie charts with a hole in the center.

I wonder whether there is a chance to see support for multi-level
(hierarchical) pie charts any time soon ? I'm assuming this is not
possible to achieve now , cmiiw

http://www.highcharts.com/demo/pie-donut

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Apache™ Bloodhound 0.7 listo para descarga -
http://goo.gl/fb/OwzmM

Marek Hlava

Aug 30, 2013, 6:07:24 AM8/30/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Is loading default system locale working? I was trying ChartRangeFilter at Code Playground and I had a hard time finding why dates are not in my locale format.

Dňa utorok, 27. augusta 2013 19:46:02 UTC+2 trybka napísal(-a):

Jeremy Faller

Aug 30, 2013, 2:52:04 PM8/30/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Marek:

Do you have some code, and the locale you were trying?!? We'd like to try to reproduce.

Marek Hlava

Sep 1, 2013, 11:04:11 AM9/1/13
to google-visua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy, it was just the default ChartRangeFilter code at playground https://code.google.com/apis/ajax/playground/?type=visualization#chartrangefilter_control
and Slovak locale, I forgot to mention that, sorry
But it's already working, great, thanks

Dňa piatok, 30. augusta 2013 20:52:04 UTC+2 Jeremy Faller napísal(-a):