chart.apis.google.com uses an invalid security certificate

John Lewis

Dec 1, 2011, 5:36:42 AM12/1/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3

See this link:

https://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_xpin_icon&chld=pin|bank-dollar|52B552

It returns the error

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
*.google.com , google.com , *.atggl.com , *.youtube.com ,
youtube.com , *.youtube-nocookie.com , youtu.be , *.ytimg.com ,
*.google.com.br , *.google.co.in , *.google.es , *.google.co.uk ,
*.google.ca , *.google.fr , *.google.pt , *.google.it , *.google.de ,
*.google.cl , *.google.pl , *.google.nl , *.google.com.au ,
*.google.co.jp , *.google.hu , *.google.com.mx , *.google.com.ar ,
*.google.com.co , *.google.com.vn , *.google.com.tr , *.android.com ,
*.googlecommerce.com , *.url.google.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

How do I load marker images over ssl? This is crippling my project.

Barry Hunter

Dec 1, 2011, 10:32:26 AM12/1/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
You can use

https://encrypted.google.com/chart?chst=d_map_xpin_icon&chld=pin|bank-dollar|52B552

I dont think it offially scantioned, but works (and has worked for a
long time already).