support for gx:track in google maps and KmlLayer

Emanuele Ziglioli

May 18, 2011, 5:30:40 PM5/18/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've created a kml file containing gx:track and tried to open it in Google Maps.
No track was displayed. Are there plans to support that extension?

Furthermore, what's really missing in Google Maps is the time domain, Markers don't have a timestamp property so it's impossible to add a time slider to Maps. Is there anything out there that could provide that functionality?
I know I could use the Earth plugin but that's not available on Macs or mobile devices!

Thanks,
Emanuele Ziglioli
Sirtrack Wildlife Solutions
New Zealand

Emanuele Ziglioli

May 18, 2011, 5:32:06 PM5/18/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
sorry, I meant the GE plugin is not available on Linux (not Macs, of course)
E.

Emanuele Ziglioli

May 18, 2011, 5:40:37 PM5/18/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I've found the list of supported kml elements in Google Maps:

It confirms the lack of support for gx:track.

Regards,
Emanuele