API key unreconigsed or unvalid by GOOGLE

pavarottiey

Jan 10, 2012, 8:52:52 PM1/10/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
having problem with the new google API ver 3.
Google couldnt validate the API key that i have even when i use a new api key.
i hope someone will be able to help me.
i even use the sample code from google but the same problem still come up

Pierre-Andre Manseau

Jan 11, 2012, 1:09:25 AM1/11/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
We have the same problem. This happens only on Firefox, Safari, Chrome on a MAC OS X.

I tried with two different Mac's. Problem is not there using Windows 7 IE9 on the Mac or on a PC.

No problem with Windows 7 only Mac

The message say 'The provided key is not a valid Google API Key, or it is not authorized for the Google Maps Javascript API v3 on this site. If you are the owner of this application, you can learn about obtaining a valid key here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/tutorial.html#Obtaining_Key'

We are using a v3 Key verified the codes with Firebug and Chrome Inspector.

Luke Mahé

Jan 11, 2012, 1:33:21 AM1/11/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Can you please include a link to your site.

-- Luke

Jan 11, 2012, 1:56:44 AM1/11/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I am having this same problem:

http://zeoproductions.com/GoogleMapSlider/map.html

there is a fix that works, but doubt it will last very long..
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.6&sensor=false&amp;key=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"></script>

I'm hoping something more solid will surface.

Tomek Wasiak

Jan 11, 2012, 8:47:23 AM1/11/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem yesterday. Do you have *. before your domain name in allowed referers in your API key? When I deleted it problem on my site disappeared.

Pierre-Andre Manseau

Jan 11, 2012, 1:05:17 PM1/11/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
I followed Tomek Wasiak advice and added to the allowed referees the
complete domain name without *. in front and added also www.
Then the message disappeared.

We had a Windows developper that had the same message so it's not the
Mac or Browser.

I think it's when I enter the domain name in the browser without a www.
in front. So the wildcat *. is working but only if there is something
like www.
If it's only the domain name like xxx.com then the wildcat *. is not
working.

For the ones who have the problem. Just add your domain name like
xxx.com/* wait 5 minutes and try again.

Pierre-Andre Manseau

Jan 11, 2012, 1:06:30 PM1/11/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3

Try to add in the list of allowed referees zeoproductions.com/*

Allow 5 minutes and try again.

Jan 11, 2012, 2:46:54 PM1/11/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
currently my domain is written as zeoproductions.com. I changed it to zeoproductions.com/ and www.zeoproductions.com/, but still receive error..

Jean-Charles Althoffer

Feb 1, 2012, 11:03:00 AM2/1/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. I tried all the solutions above. Here is my page

Andrew Leach

Feb 1, 2012, 3:39:12 PM2/1/12
On 1 February 2012 16:03, Jean-Charles Althoffer <alth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the same problem. I tried all the solutions above. Here is my page
>
> http://www.linfernal.com/pratique/page33/page33.html

Works for me: a map of eastern France with a black polyline.

Make sure that you have cleared your browser cache, AND that your
browser is passing the referer header (if you have a browser which
allows you to suppress it).