Google map doesn't work on IE9 mobile on Windows phone

juleschu

Dec 5, 2011, 8:49:48 AM12/5/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm currently working on an mobile app in html5 with the jquerymobile framework. But I have an issue with google map on a windows phone device (for me an omina 7).

> I can't move or zoom on the map ...
Here is a live example of it http://labs.eyesweat.com/baby/localisation

Thanks a lot for you help.

Enoch Lau (Google Employee)

Dec 5, 2011, 4:59:47 PM12/5/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Windows Phone is not supported: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/faq.html#browsersupport

Enoch

JFrancis

Dec 9, 2011, 11:21:25 AM12/9/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Could you elaborate on your statement "Windows phone is not supported?" Your link would seem to indicate the browser, yet my understanding is Windows 7 Phone runs a version of Internet Explorer Mobile with a rendering engine which is based on IE 9.

JF

Rossko

Dec 9, 2011, 11:27:32 AM12/9/11
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
> Windows 7 Phone runs a version of Internet Explorer Mobile

Internet Explorer Mobile is not in the supported browser list.
That doesn't necesserily mean it won't work at all, but some features
might not.

Andrew Leach

Dec 9, 2011, 2:49:07 PM12/9/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com

The problem (as I have experienced it) is that the OS captures user
actions and applies them to the entire page. It doesn't pass
pinch-to-zoom or pans through to the map. Clicks (touches) are ok on
the map. But without being able to pan it's a bit limited.

Enoch Lau (Google Employee)

Dec 9, 2011, 3:17:53 PM12/9/11
to google-map...@googlegroups.com, andrew....@gmail.com
If IE Mobile / Windows Phone support is desirable, please feel free to file a feature request: http://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/list