How to Add Google 8-bit NES Quest Maps as an Overlay?

Your Mapper

Mar 31, 2012, 3:50:48 PM3/31/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Does anyone know how to add the new 8-bit Google maps tiles as an
overlay option?

http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2012/03/begin-your-quest-with-google-maps-8-bit.html

Barry Hunter

Mar 31, 2012, 4:00:35 PM3/31/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Honestly dont know the legality of it, - and it will probably only work for a day, but you could perhaps just use the tiles directly

Can use that in a Image Map Type

Your Mapper

Mar 31, 2012, 4:35:26 PM3/31/12
to Google Maps JavaScript API v3
Well, I went ahead and did it anyway on a test map on my site. I'll
just leave it up there through April 1.

http://www.yourmapper.com/mapV3.php?id=114

I did a quick hack to add it, so it overlays it on top of the existing
map images (which are then but not seen after the 8bit gets placed).

On Mar 31, 4:00 pm, Barry Hunter <barrybhun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Honestly dont know the legality of it, - and it will probably only work for
> a day, but you could perhaps just use the tiles directly
>
> http://mt0.google.com/vt/lyrs=8bit,m@174000000&hl=en&src=app&x=36&y=4...
>
> Can use that in a Image Map Typehttps://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/maptypes#...
>

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Your Mapper <schnue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know how to add the new 8-bit Google maps tiles as an
> > overlay option?
>
> >http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2012/03/begin-your-quest-with-goog...
Message has been deleted

Brendan Nee

Apr 1, 2012, 3:15:59 AM4/1/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a post detailing how to use the 8-bit tiles in any Google Maps application: http://blog.bn.ee/2012/03/31/how-to-use-google-maps-8-bit-tiles-in-your-own-project

MymsMan

Apr 1, 2012, 10:50:06 AM4/1/12
to google-map...@googlegroups.com
Looks great - what a pity there isn't matching Street view imagery