Google Latitude leaving Android Google Maps for Google+

Brian Gaugler

May 25, 2013, 12:21:26 AM5/25/13
to google-la...@googlegroups.com
What does this mean for the Google Latitude API and Google Latitude overall?  Is there another Google Location API we should be using if we are android developers?

Is this migration just occurring on Android, or will the entire google.com/latitude dashboard move into the desktop browser Google+ too?  I wonder if the google.com/latitude will now work on android browsers since they're removing it from the Maps app?

We are developers and supporters of the system, helping it to thrive...or at least be relevant.  Some information for big changes like this might be useful...

Jeffrey Thomas

May 30, 2013, 7:08:13 AM5/30/13
to google-la...@googlegroups.com
Well said Brian.  Couldn't agree with you more...