iGoogle URL API's

Drewdah

May 14, 2008, 3:03:31 PM5/14/08
to Google Data API
I would like to integrate Google data into a project I'm working on,
but due to my environment constraints I can't use anything that
requires an API key because the key is tied to a specific URL and my
environment has a randomly named URL on each installation. Anyone know
a way around something like this?

Also, I apologize if this has been asked before, but I dug through the
documentation and couldn't find any information about the following
URL APIs. Does anyone have access to some reference docs for these?

http://www.google.com/ig/api?movies=92078
http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=92078
http://www.google.com/ig/api?stock=GOOG
http://www.google.com/ig/api?news

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Fisher (Google)

May 14, 2008, 4:27:58 PM5/14/08
to Google Data API
Hi,

All of the Google Data APIs:

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/

Do not use an API key at all, with the exception of YouTube and Base
(both of which I do not think are URL-checked.)

The specific feeds you are asking about do not seem to be part of any
official API offering and are, I would assume, for gadget use only.
Perhaps you would find more information in the iGoogle developer
forum:

http://groups.google.com/group/Google-Gadgets-API

Cheers,
-Jeff

Drewdah

May 14, 2008, 5:10:15 PM5/14/08
to Google Data API
Google's separation of APIs (data vs. gadget vs. search etc.) on the
doc page is confusing. I wish they would just lay out their API
services like they do on http://www.google.com/options/ and from there
let you dive into the different ways to interface with them from
there.

Anyway, thanks for the info Jeff - I'll ask my question in the iGoogle
group.

-Drewdah