U.S. Financial Markets Summary Gadget gone!

roger.e...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2012, 11:25:38 AM4/9/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com

For several years now, I've used Matt Kruse's U.S. Financial Markets Summary gadget as a prominent feature on my iGoogle homepage.  This morning, instead of my usual EXCELLENT summaries of the DJIA, NASDAQ, and S&P 500 markets, I saw a link to a message from Karolina Netolicka of the Google Finance group that asked that the gadget be taken down.  The gadget itself, alas, is GONE.

I don't know of an equivalent replacement for the functionality offered in that gadget, and would like for Google to re-consider its request.  I liked the gadget a LOT and very much regret that Google has seen fit to request its removal without offering equivalent functionality.

Thank-you -

Roger

Karolina (Google Finance Product Manager)

Apr 9, 2012, 11:40:51 AM4/9/12
to Google Finance
Hello Roger,

You could try the Google Finance Portfolios gadget:
http://www.google.com/ig/directory?dpos=top&root=/ig&url=www.google.com/ig/modules/finance_portfolios.xml

I'm sorry you were affected by the removal of the US Financial Markets
Summary gadget.

- Karolina

On Apr 9, 11:25 am, "Roger.E.Mil...@gmail.com"

Roger Miller

Apr 9, 2012, 12:26:15 PM4/9/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Karolina ... that worked perfectly!

Roger