Re: Disappearing Recent Quotes

FormerGoogleUser

Mar 11, 2013, 1:33:27 PM3/11/13
to Google Finance

I am switching to Yahoo Finance for as long as 'the old way' will not
be restored.

On Mar 9, 12:11 pm, hutch...@aol.com wrote:
> I agree with David.  The new Google policy is clear.  It is also clear that
> Google is missing the needs of the user.  Pulling the benefits of "recent
> quotes" already has me setting up my old Yahoo Finance - which I had
> abandoned some years ago because of the benefits of Google finance and its
> recent quotes.
>

> On Monday, March 4, 2013 2:20:01 PM UTC-5, IanF wrote:
>
> > PLEASE stop clearing the 'Recent Quotes' list. It used to be one of the
> > best tools on the site - especially when you expanded the number of entries
> > not so long ago. Now it is virtually useless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Hide quoted text -

philri...@msn.com

Mar 19, 2013, 9:25:52 PM3/19/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com

John C Gilmour

Mar 25, 2013, 10:30:37 AM3/25/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I believe this is yet another bug that Google fails to acknowledge or just doesn't care about.
Google: PLEASE LISTEN This is YOUR problem and not your users!

Jo...@JcGilmour.ca

andrew

Mar 27, 2013, 11:09:44 AM3/27/13
to google-...@googlegroups.com
count me as among the users switching to yahoo finance.  the idea that you have to turn on web history in order to get recent stock quotes is ridiculous.  google needs finer-grained control of search history.  i get that they want all the details of your online life, but this is nuts.

Mallos

May 30, 2014, 8:14:38 AM5/30/14
to google-...@googlegroups.com
Hi I note the update from March. This started happening to me today. I'm loggied, (and have been for a months), I have the web history on, cookies on, etc. But still, all disappeared and can't get them back again

On Wednesday, 6 March 2013 01:14:34 UTC, Rock Yuen-Wong (Google Finance) wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the reports.

Safeguarding your data is very important to us here at Google, and this includes your Finance search history. The Recent Quotes feature has been updated to reflect our personalization policy, so please take a moment to read it: http://support.google.com/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=54041

What this means for Recent Quotes:

If you are signed-in, you can opt-in to see 7 days of Recent Quotes. You can opt-in by clicking on the "Turn on" link next to the Recent Quotes section or by visiting https://history.google.com/history/settings directly. If that page says, "Web History is on", you are already opted-in.

If you are signed-out, you can opt-in to see 2 hours of Recent Quotes. You can opt-in by visiting https://history.google.com/history/optout directly (if you see the Google homepage, try visiting the link again). If that page says, "Disable customizations based on search activity", you are already opted-in.

Apologies for the unexpected inconvenience, and I'm happy to answer any further questions you might have about this.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:44:50 AM UTC-8, geoff...@gmail.com wrote:
I'm having the same problem. Firefox 19.0 on WinXP. I've tried clearing cookies, too, and it seems to work for only an hour or two then everything is gone again. Very frustrating.

The news feed at the right has not been working well the last few months, either. The A, B, C tags used to be sorted so the most recent was on top and the tag would appear on the chart. The sorting has improved in recent weeks, but not all are plotted on the chart.

This was all working much better last year.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:25:12 AM UTC-5, bk2...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  All of a sudden I have no recent quotes.
This has been a problem for about the last 4-5 days.

I'm using Safari 5.1.7.
I've cleared google cookies, cache ... couple times and it still won't remember quotes.