Sharing my portfolio

StephenWalkley

Apr 14, 2012, 2:34:03 AM4/14/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I am investment manager of a very small investment group. I would like the other members to be able to see the portfolio that I have established in Google Finance. At the top right it says Share+ but I don't see how to share without giving the members my full log in details.

In help it says: "The Google Finance portfolio is accessible only by signing in to your Google Account with your username and password. As long as you don't share your username and password, your portfolio will remain private."

I know I could create a spreadsheet in Google Docs and share that, but I want them to be able to see all the data about companies I am looking at as well as the ones in the actual portfolio. (I have two portfolios set up a real one and a list of watched shares).

Am I missing something here?

ABCDE

Apr 19, 2012, 12:49:44 PM4/19/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, there's no way to share a portfolio. That 'Share' button you're seeing is for Google Plus, meaning you could post a link to the Google Finance page to your Google Plus profile. Kind of confusing but that's the way it is. You will need to use either some software or a web-based portfolio management app. Not sure off-hand of any to recommend, though.

Fabrice Paradis-Béland

Mar 6, 2016, 10:43:37 PM3/6/16
to Google Finance, sjcwso...@gmail.com
Nothing new on the "sharing a portfolio with another google user" front?