tracking stocks with the smoothest upward trending charts over the last 10 years

steve yarnall

Mar 31, 2012, 1:36:49 PM3/31/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
is there a tool folks would suggest or share that a novice small time investor could use to filter down to stocks with chart trends similar to let's say mcdonalds (MCD) for the last 10 years? I see e.g. using the  stock over the last ten years with a 10-year hi/lo spread stat as a method...but some of these stocks like walmart (WMT) don't reflect the same trending growth over the 10 years...

John Gilmour

Mar 31, 2012, 3:06:49 PM3/31/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
How about on any Google Finance page click on Stock Screener (top left)
A very useful tool.

Good hunting,

John Gilmour
www.JcGilmour.ca
cell: 905-964-0614
phone: 905-346-3488
Computer Service, Sales & More
Special Dell P4 2.8, DDR2, SATA  XP pro, $199 no tax!

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM, steve yarnall <svya...@gmail.com> wrote:
is there a tool folks would suggest or share that a novice small time investor could use to filter down to stocks with chart trends similar to let's say mcdonalds (MCD) for the last 10 years? I see e.g. using the  stock over the last ten years with a 10-year hi/lo spread stat as a method...but some of these stocks like walmart (WMT) don't reflect the same trending growth over the 10 years...

ABCDE

Apr 19, 2012, 12:59:24 PM4/19/12
to google-...@googlegroups.com
I dont know of any specific tools to accomplish this, although you may want to Google search for 'dividend aristocrats' which are generally stocks that have paid regular dividends over the past 25+ years, e.g. stocks like IBM, and MCD.