Terms of use of Google finance API/URLs in commercial apps

kingkanth

Jun 28, 2011, 8:54:27 AM6/28/11
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
Hi,

The below URLs were used in one of the application to fetch the stock
& currency quote information.

Stock & Currency Quote (JSON response) --> http://finance.google.com/finance/info?client=ig&q=GOOG
Stock Chart --> http://www.google.com/finance/chart?q=GOOG&tlf=12

I have few doubts about using of the above URLs in the app.
1. Can these URLs be used in commercial apps for free? What are the
terms of use?
2. What is the URL to get the currency (CURRENCY:USDEUR) chart as like
stock chart?
3. Are there any limits (IP limit or per 10 minutes or per 1 hour or
per 1 day) for accessing of the above URLs?
4. Is there any better way to fetch the above mentioned information
using google finance API (web based and not through javascript)?

Your information is very helpful in designing the commercial app.
Please let me know your comments.

Regards,
Ravikanth.

Dion Loy (Google)

Jun 29, 2011, 6:31:19 PM6/29/11
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
> I have few doubts about using of the above URLs in the app.
> 1. Can these URLs be used in commercial apps for free? What are the
> terms of use?

Nope, sorry. We are unable to redistribute that data.

Ravikanth Talasila

Sep 15, 2011, 11:28:47 AM9/15/11
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
Our application is not a commercial app. What we do is, we fetch the information using above URLs in the backend and the required information will be displayed in the app. The URLs are not visible for the viewers. Also, the app is not redistributable.

Your information is very valuable in this regard.

Regards,
Ravikanth.

Juan Sauceda

Apr 6, 2014, 2:22:44 AM4/6/14