Is it legal to use http://www.google.com/finance/info?q=MSFT in custom applications?

Kamil Rafik

May 27, 2010, 2:08:41 PM5/27/10
to Google Finance APIs and Tools, ku...@clevertech.biz
Hello.

I found in Internet different recommendations about using such API
http://www.google.com/finance/info?q=MSFT
for getting stocks info.

But no official information in Google docs. Moreover I found on one
forum information that it may be prohibited.

Is it legal or not to use this API in custom applications written
without use of Google libraries and running on different desktop
computers?

Is it legal to use it inside extensions for Chrome browser?

If it is illegal, is there any way to get similar info for automated
requests made by custom applications.

Dion Loy (Google)

Jun 1, 2010, 2:58:05 PM6/1/10
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
If it's an application for public consumption, I'm afraid that usage
would be against our terms of service (which includes Chrome
extensions). Sorry.

On May 27, 11:08 am, Kamil Rafik <kamil.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I found in Internet different recommendations about using such APIhttp://www.google.com/finance/info?q=MSFT

Brian G. Riviere

Jun 2, 2010, 6:48:21 AM6/2/10
to google-fi...@googlegroups.com
You can use this service I wrote and hosted on Google App Engine to retrieve stocks information from Yahoo Finance API.  The return format JSON.

If you want the source code you can got to

It is written in python and should be fairly easy to deploy to your own GAE application.   Everything you need is in the zip file.

Brian

Chas

Jun 2, 2010, 11:08:06 AM6/2/10
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
For public display rights, I'd recommend XigniteBATSLastSale, which
you can find here: http://www.xignite.com/xBATSLastSale.asmx

For more options, try going here and clicking the "U.S. Stock Quotes"
tab on the left: http://www.xignite.com/Products/Catalog.aspx

On May 27, 11:08 am, Kamil Rafik <kamil.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I found in Internet different recommendations about using such APIhttp://www.google.com/finance/info?q=MSFT

Prism Cement

Jul 27, 2010, 7:45:36 PM7/27/10
to Google Finance APIs and Tools
My company is a listed company. How can I obtain this service as a
paid service from Google to display only my company's info on my
website ?