Error during execution "GoogleEarth.exe"

azara

Apr 6, 2012, 1:35:21 PM4/6/12
to KML Developer Support - Google Earth Plug-in
I am running Google Earth 6.2.1.6014 (beta) on Windows XP 64-bit.
This error messages pops up even when the program isn't running.

The message says:

GoogleEarth-Win-Bundle-6.2.1.6014:error
Error during execution "GoogleEarth.exe"
This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem.

I have reinstalled Google.

Any ideas?
Please help!!

Ewout

May 7, 2012, 2:40:38 AM5/7/12
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I have got the same issue.

Linc

Aug 29, 2012, 10:36:09 AM8/29/12
to google-earth-...@googlegroups.com
I know that it has been a while, but if your are still having issues, try this.  It has worked for me on several occasions.
   browse to C:\Program files (x86)\google\update
open the install directory
open each directory within it until you find the win bundle that is stated in the popup
delete the file, then the directory within install that contained the win bundle file
browse back up to the update directory and delete the update.exe file located there.
and there you have it the popup is gone.

^.^ Linc