Re: [google-chrome-frame:3126] POST request parameters not working with chrome frame is enabled on IE 8 browser

Alex Russell

Aug 2, 2012, 7:08:23 AM8/2/12
to google-ch...@googlegroups.com, Greg Thompson, Robert Shield, Anantanarayanan Iyengar
Hi Bee:

A couple of questions:

When GCF is enabled, are these pages (the ones being served by Cognos)
being opted into rendering with GCF?

Have you verified (with Fiddler or similar) that the parameters aren't
being sent at all? If not, could you please create a Fiddler trace of
the session and verify what's going on at the network level?

If the parameters are, indeed, not being sent at all, can you please
open a bug at crbug.com and cc me, Robert, Greg, and Ananta (all cc'd
here).

If the parameters *are* being sent but Cognos is, for some reason,
dropping the request on the floor, we can try dev-channel GCF with the
ExcludeUAFromDomain registry parameter to see if Cognos is simply
doing stupid UA sniffing.

If that fails, we might also try flipping the default policy to see if
Cognos like GCF masquerading as Chrome any better.

Regards