Fwd: [Chrome DevTools]what does "(program)" mean in Profiles

im007boy

Dec 14, 2012, 1:26:26 AM12/14/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
means idle?
7O0N_TO2[1M]HJY929C)}TB.jpg

PhistucK

Dec 14, 2012, 2:42:21 AM12/14/12
to im007boy, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I believe it means that internal browser code has run, that was not instrumented yet (the Developer Tools team is actively adding more and more instrumentation to everything).

PhistucK

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM, im007boy <im00...@gmail.com> wrote:
means idle?

Pavel Feldman

Dec 14, 2012, 2:53:00 AM12/14/12
to PhistucK, im007boy, google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:42 AM, PhistucK <phis...@gmail.com> wrote:
I believe it means that internal browser code has run, that was not instrumented yet (the Developer Tools team is actively adding more and more instrumentation to everything).

Not really, no. It is non-JavaScript time. I.e. idle time + time spent on painting and such. We are working on splitting the two, so you will soon see (idle) and (program) where the latter will be native work not originating from JavaScript calls.