Connecting Chrome Developer Tools to V8 instance

瀏覽次數:127 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

dubik

未讀,
2012年2月17日 凌晨3:56:132012/2/17
收件者:Google Chrome Developer Tools
Hi,

Is there a way to connect CDT to my own V8 instance? I would like to
utilize CPU and Heap snapshots? Or is there a way to send JSON output
which I could get from V8 through TakeSnapshot function? Is there
standalone version of CDT not integrated into Chrome (sounds silly I
know:) )?

:S

John J Barton

未讀,
2012年2月17日 上午10:55:512012/2/17
收件者:dubik、Google Chrome Developer Tools
In
https://github.com/johnjbarton/atopwi
I have a copy of the devtools front-end wired to an iframe that
connect to Chrome extension.debugger. I don't know, but I guess the
CPU/Heap part does not work, because the extension.debugger does not
yet support the profiler messages. I guess you could wire the
profiler UI to a socket connected to V8 following the same model.

jjb

pfeldman

未讀,
2012年2月17日 上午11:26:232012/2/17
收件者:Google Chrome Developer Tools
v8 debugging protocol (http://code.google.com/p/v8/wiki/
DebuggerProtocol) does not expose profile-related functions, so you
can't connect to v8 running outside of Chrome for capturing profiler
data.

Regards
Pavel

Sergiy Dubovik

未讀,
2012年2月17日 上午11:47:142012/2/17
收件者:John J Barton、Google Chrome Developer Tools
Thanks John!

That looks very promising however I can't get anything visible. Do you
know how to show something?
I tried few html files which were there and the one under front-end/,
dev-tools.html showed me only search box.

br,
Sergiy

John J Barton

未讀,
2012年2月17日 中午12:16:492012/2/17
收件者:Sergiy Dubovik、Google Chrome Developer Tools
I updated the readme.txt to add installation instructions.

As Pavel explained, it seems like you won't be able to use this idea
with standalone V8.

jjb

回覆所有人
回覆作者