How always enable Chrome Devtools?

amsellem...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2012, 8:39:17 AM1/3/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com

I tried the command:

chrome.exe --always-enable-dev-tools

but it doesn't exist: http://codesearch.google.com/codesearch#OAMlx_jo-ck/src/chrome/common/chrome_switches.cc&l=50

Do you have another solution?

thx

Message has been deleted

amsellem...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2012, 8:42:10 AM1/3/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
When it runs I want the devtools is open.

PhistucK

Jan 3, 2012, 12:32:47 PM1/3/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
There no way to do that, at least to my knowledge.

Just so you know - that flag used to enable the Inspect Element context menu option on the New Tab page and other Chrome user interface pages.

PhistucK

Jonathan A.

Jan 5, 2012, 5:49:42 AM1/5/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I edited the source of "browser_navigator.cc". Now I have the devtools each new tab or window.
How: edit the file browser_navigator.cc

include
#include "chrome/browser/debugger/devtools_toggle_action.h"
#include "chrome/browser/debugger/devtools_window.h"
#include "content/public/browser/devtools_manager.h"

and after
"LoadURLInContents(params->target_contents->tab_contents(),url, params, extra_headers);"
I add
"DevToolsWindow::ToggleDevToolsWindow(params->target_contents->tab_contents()->GetRenderViewHost(),DEVTOOLS_TOGGLE_ACTION_NONE);"

zone...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 1:00:48 PM9/7/12
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
I've got the same problem as you Jonathan. I need dev tools to automatically open with a new tab. I tried doing your source code changes but it looks like Chrome has changed enough since your reply that your changes no longer compile.

This is probably a long shot.. but could you check out the latest source and figure out what needs to be done now?