"Emulation" as default tab in DevTools (was "Console")

cast...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2014, 9:15:15 AM2/6/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Newest stable release of the Chrome bring annoying behavior for me. I'm working on mobile sites a lot, so I have "Show 'Emulation' view in console drawer" turned on. The problem is, that after page is loaded default tab in DevTools is always "Emulation", not "Console" like before. Emulation is something that I'm set up once for whole my session I don't want to see it every time the page loads.

Is there any way to turn this off and show Console always as default tab?

Chrome: Version 32.0.1700.107 m
OS: Windows 7

Thanks,
Krzysztof

Pavel Feldman

Feb 6, 2014, 9:51:24 AM2/6/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Sorry about that, it has been fixed. Please wait for the new stable Chrome version or check out Chrome Canary.

Regards
Pavel

PhistucK

Feb 6, 2014, 9:55:42 AM2/6/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
What about the "Enable on DevTools startup" option that we used to have?
I thought it was convenient...

PhistucK

Krzysztof Romanowski

PhistucK

Feb 12, 2014, 3:32:16 AM2/12/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
About six weeks after the current release (Chrome 32 was released in January 14th).
So in about two, three weeks.

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/31e20022-432a-4e7c-b482-24cf1e207646%40googlegroups.com.

wpg...@gmail.com

PhistucK

Aug 5, 2014, 11:56:20 AM8/5/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
You can create an issue (if you have not found one already) at crbug.com and post the link here.

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/18baf984-55e3-4d6e-9c0c-fa9f9d21abdf%40googlegroups.com.

wpg...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2014, 12:36:44 PM8/5/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
Bug report created, https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=400764

PhistucK

PhistucK

Aug 5, 2014, 12:58:37 PM8/5/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
Can you reproduce using the latest canary build? I cannot.

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/8e32cabf-6453-43d5-b487-74eed06836b4%40googlegroups.com.

wpg...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2014, 1:07:19 PM8/5/14
to google-chrome-...@googlegroups.com
No, I am unable to reproduce in Canary. Does that mean it should be resolved in the next Beta release??

PhistucK

PhistucK

Aug 5, 2014, 1:13:42 PM8/5/14
to Google Chrome Developer Tools
No, but it means that the bug was fixed on trunk, which means it has better chances of getting merged into the next beta release.

PhistucK

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-chrome-developer-tools/9092a70a-7cb7-4e14-855b-af9d1ed5c6cc%40googlegroups.com.