Google Calendar V3 API not enforcing etags

LManners

Apr 10, 2012, 1:50:40 AM4/10/12
to Google Calendar API
I'm able to do the following:

1. Create an event
2. Change the start/end time and update it multiple times with the
same etag.

This seems wrong. Shouldn't multiple updates with the same etag be
rejected?

I'm passing the etag as a parameter in the body of my PUT request, I'm
not specifying an If-Match header.

NOTE:
I can get the api to reject my subsequent requests by not incrementing
the 'sequence' parameter between requests, but I'd expect etags to
work.

Ray Baxter

Apr 10, 2012, 3:21:02 AM4/10/12
to google-ca...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible you've got the If-Match: * header set?

Ray

LManners

Apr 16, 2012, 2:35:22 AM4/16/12
to Google Calendar API
Thanks for the resposnse, I'm not sending any If-Match header.

Ling Wang

May 10, 2012, 5:38:53 PM5/10/12
to google-ca...@googlegroups.com
I encountered the same problem using http://code.google.com/p/google-api-objectivec-client/. If Google Calendar will never verify ETag, that's fine. But if it is going to verify ETag later, I don't know how to take precaution since I don't know what error code it is going to use.