Google Apps Script unverified?

Sergei Trunov

Nov 26, 2019, 5:57:50 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Hi,

I am running into this annoying issue - I have an account (this one) where I have a script that uses the UrlFetchApp and consequently the script has access to this scope: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/script.external_request

Everything seems to run fine.

When I create a new script on the same account, ANY mention of the UrlFetchApp (even commented out) requires the authorization for this scope again.

I click "Review permissions", from the same account, with the same account, and all I get is

"

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."

Why is this happening? I am the only user of this script, further more I made it! Why do I have to get this verified?

How does one even get a Google Apps Script verified - it doesn't have a cloud project in my GCP console...

Alan Wells

Nov 26, 2019, 6:38:50 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Needing to authorize your own scripts is expected behavior, but you shouldn't need to get scripts verified that only you use.

You can search the Issue Tracker for the same or similar reported issues.

Does the external request access someone else's account?
Is this a Web App?
Does the App Use Google Sign In, or is that part of the error incorrect?

Sergei Trunov

Nov 26, 2019, 6:43:28 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
The external request could be as simple as navigating to www.google.com.
I am trying to authorize through the editor so that my script has access to the scope. This usually happens when you create a new script and run it for the first time through the editor where it doesn't have any scopes authorized to begin with.

Alan Wells

Nov 26, 2019, 6:58:48 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
Thank you for providing the example with the minimal amount of code.

function myFunction() {

var rr = UrlFetchApp.fetch("google.com");
}

I recreated the code, saved the file, ran the function, and authorized the code from my account.  I did not get any error

You got the error:

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."

I am in a domain that is a G Suite account.
Are you a user inside of a G Suite account?
Are you the admin of the G Suite account?

Sergei Trunov

Nov 26, 2019, 7:08:11 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I am not in the domain of a G Suite account, nor am I a user of G Suite.
... is that a requirement now?

Because I have another script that uses the same scope and it has no issues running. Only new scripts I create on this account have issues.

Alan Wells

Nov 26, 2019, 7:24:39 AM11/26/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I copied the test Apps Script file, and authorized the copy with no problem in my G Suite account.
I created a new Apps Script file in a free Google account, and authorized it without a problem.
I copied the Apps Script file in the free account, and authorized the second Apps Script file without a problem.

I can't reproduce the error that you are getting.
I don't know why you are getting that error.
You'd need to have a complete description of the exact steps to reproduce the same results.
Maybe someone else has a suggestion.

Sergei Trunov wrote:
I am not in the domain of a G Suite account, nor am I a user of G Suite.
... is that a requirement now?

Because I have another script that uses the same scope and it has no issues running. Only new scripts I create on this account have issues.

Sergei Trunov

Nov 26, 2019, 7:34:34 AM11/26/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
I created another free account and I can create scripts there and authorize this scope without issues as well.
Its this specific account and I am not doing anything special - I'm not sure what other steps I could describe.

I create a new project from the portal, save the untitled project with a name, add the UrlFetchApp method and try to run it.
That's all I am doing.

Also I can't seem to create an Issue on the issue tracker...

Yasir Karam

Nov 26, 2019, 11:06:45 AM11/26/19
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
Had same issue with several Add-ons while few dont am am so annoyed

Michael F

Dec 9, 2019, 11:47:47 AM12/9/19
to Google Apps Script Community
I tried the following code snippet on 2 different @gmail.com accounts:

function myFunction() {

var rr = UrlFetchApp.fetch("google.com");
}

On my main @gmail account that code snippet got me stuck at this warning screen (no way to over-ride):

While on an older @gmail account that I use mostly for companies (spam) I get the same warning but there is an advanced override option:
I've spent hours trying to figure out what different about the 2 gmail accounts (they're both a decade old) and I've got nothing. I originally read somewhere that it had to do with 2FA and "less secure apps", so I disabled 2FA on my main gmail account but it didn't solve the problem. I also have google authenticator on both accounts so that really wouldn't make any sense either.

I doubt it has anything to do with this specific code snippet, I found the same issue in my own code, searched the internet and found this Stack Exchange page that links here:

I'm frustrated and out of ideas :(

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 1:57 PM Sergei Trunov <sergei...@performics.com> wrote:
[...]

Thinh Nguyen

Feb 5, 2020, 6:40:54 AM2/5/20
to Google Apps Script Community
I face the same problem even with a very simple script using my account. The script works well with other accounts.

It's been 3 weeks since the error came up like this

Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app. Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app

Andrew Roberts

Feb 6, 2020, 7:40:10 AM2/6/20
to google-apps-sc...@googlegroups.com
You have probably lost verification. Look at the OAuth Consent Screen in the console (https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials/consent?project=xxxxx) and you will probably see that you have used up you 100 installs.

Contact the OAuth team via your original verification notification email.