Problems retrieving all users

Glen Holcomb

Apr 30, 2012, 11:23:37 AM4/30/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the docs for user retrieval the Protocol description for grabbing all users and grabbing 100 users is the same.  When actually performing the documented action I only get 100 users.  How do I actually get all the users in the domain?  The documentation is also lacking information for getting subsequent sets of users via the "Protocol".

Claudio Cherubino

Apr 30, 2012, 12:10:55 PM4/30/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Hi Glen,

A request to retrieve users will always return up to 100 users and, if more users are available, a link with rel="next".
To retrieve the next page of users you have to send another request to that next link (and so on for each page).
Client libraries will take care of this for you.

Claudio

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Glen Holcomb <damnb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Looking at the docs for user retrieval the Protocol description for grabbing all users and grabbing 100 users is the same.  When actually performing the documented action I only get 100 users.  How do I actually get all the users in the domain?  The documentation is also lacking information for getting subsequent sets of users via the "Protocol".

Glen Holcomb

Apr 30, 2012, 12:46:45 PM4/30/12
to google-app...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Claudio,

I see it here in in the server response now.  The docs definitely need some cleaning up.  This is Ruby so the "client library" isn't an option.  I'm already handling mailbox exports so this shouldn't be any different as far as server feedback goes.

-Glen