Pull-Queue with REST API

Nick

Jul 14, 2011, 6:58:21 PM7/14/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Has anybody out there successfully used the REST API to lease tasks from a pull queue? Using the Java and Python API clients to lease a task from my pull-queue has resulted in 403, "you are not allowed to make this api call" errors. I've double checked that my email has been added to the acl: section of the queue.yaml, and it seems like the OAuth token has been retrieved correctly.

If this has worked for you, can you please describe how you are talking to the Taskqueue REST API server?

Thanks
Nick

Vivek Sahasranaman

Jul 18, 2011, 12:01:26 PM7/18/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
hi Nick:
  I'm sorry this isnt working for you, some quick things to check.

When did you last sync from the api client samples? We made a change to the Discovery URL around late June, http://code.google.com/p/google-api-python-client/source/detail?r=10111e1c2391ac86cbe1ccc3e5994ad68e4a8ae9. It would be good to sync to that change.

Also can you add a --dump_request to your gtaskqueue command? That may give you some more information about whats going on. Another thing we've seen in the past is due to using
multiple logins on the browser, make sure you're authorizing the right account.

If all this is fine, please share the command line you're using with gtaskqueue and I can take a look.

Thanks
Vivek

Vivek Sahasranaman

Jul 18, 2011, 12:20:45 PM7/18/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Another quick thing to check. This is probably not very well documented but I used this in my examples in the Google IO talk.

Is your appengine app an HR app? (does it use a HR datastore?) In that case, if your appid is "my-appid" you need to use the name "s~my-appid" for the project name on the REST API.

- Vivek

Nick

Jul 19, 2011, 10:04:57 PM7/19/11
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vivek,

Thanks for you last post. The s~ prefix solved the problem.

Thank you for your help. Hopefully this thread will help others who are having problems.

Nick