App Engine 1.9.4 Released

Eric Han

May 1, 2014, 5:06:31 PM5/1/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
We are pleased to announce the latest release of Google App Engine 1.9.4. For more about the general theme on this and the past release, please see our blog post(http://googlecloudplatform.blogspot.com/2014/04/announcing-release-of-google-app-engine-1-9-3.html).

Release 1.9.4 includes the following enhancements.

Version 1.9.4 - April 30, 2014

Python

  • Fixed an issue with the Search API where it does not correctly parse expressions that use the subtraction operator without surrounding whitespaces.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API allowing searches for a field with a negated value.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API not handling searches for empty quotes the same way as production.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API not matching documents with atom fields the same way as production.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API allowing expressions that use the snippet operator over a numeric field.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API allowing sorting expressions to use the snippet operator.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API not validating that cursors are from a previous search.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API not parsing queries that use the fuzzy search operator (~).
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver Search API not validating the default value for sorting expressions on date fields.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver memcache viewer not displaying items with non-ASCII characters properly.
  • Fixed an issue with the devappserver allowing arbitrarily large file uploads using HTTP POST requests. It now matches production limits of 32MB.
  • Fixed an issue with NDB deserialization looping infinitely when nested value is None.

PHP

thanks,eric hanGoogle Cloud Platform

husayt

May 1, 2014, 9:05:49 PM5/1/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric, the link to blog post is wrong.
Besides, is there anything for java version?
thanks

Eric Han

May 7, 2014, 8:48:40 PM5/7/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
thanks - the link worked just now for me. Let me know if you're still having troubles. The blog link is to the 1.9.3 release, hence my comment "on this [1.9.4] and the past [1.9.3] release, please see our blog post [from 1.9.3 where it talks about the immediate next releases]". apologies if that wasn't clear.

As for Java, no updates to share about in my post. More will be coming soon :).

James Foster

May 9, 2014, 1:03:55 AM5/9/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hey Eric,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting this. I've noticed that new versions tend to get rolled out without announcements sometimes. Even for small releases, it is great to hear about the changes and know when they happened.

James

husayt

May 9, 2014, 10:41:46 AM5/9/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Eric,
is working indeed, but it is to link to previous release 1.9.3.
;-)

There is no in fact any announcement on the blog regarding 1.9.4

Christian Sisti

Jun 7, 2014, 7:42:10 AM6/7/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Eric,

is there any plan also to fix some lack in documentation?

It's two year now..

https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2195