"This webpage has a redirect loop" error when visiting https://appengine.google.com/start

smewp

Jan 17, 2012, 7:45:02 AM1/17/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Background

I have two different google app accounts, lets call them {foo}.net and {bar}.com.

While signed in to google apps under {foo}.net, I created an app engine account and then set up my first web app, which I called {bar}.  I then decided that I would like to have my new app engine web app {bar} associated with my google apps account on {bar}.com so that I could use the custom domain name of {bar}.

Problem

I signed into {foo}.net, navigated to my app engine web app {bar} and then followed the directions to set a custom domain name with my {bar}.com google app account.  I was taken to the screen to sign into {bar}.com account and then ended up on the license agreement accept page.  When I accepted the license, I receive an error message "there has been an error try again later".

Now, when I'm logged into my google apps {bar}.com account and try to navigate to https://appengine.google.com/start, I receive a "This webpage has a redirect loop" error page.  The message is "The webpage at https://appengine.google.com/start has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer."

I'm using updated google chrome browser.  I've cleared all the cookies and it doesn't solve the problem. When I log out of the {bar}.com account and log into the {foo}.net account, I have no problem visiting the page at https://appengine.google.com/start.

The end result I'm targeting is to associate the {bar} app engine app that is currently under my {foo}.net google app account with my {bar}.com google app account.  However, I've read even if I delete the {bar} app engine app in my {foo}.net account, then the web app name {bar} will still be reserved forever.

Any suggestions?