GAE app not recognizing backends.yaml

Kwame

Aug 29, 2011, 12:06:09 PM8/29/11
to Google App Engine
I have a GAE app which is deployed and has other functional config
files such as cron.yaml, queue.yaml. However, even though I have
defined a backends.yaml, and uploaded this version to GAE, the admin
console is not showing it, and I'm getting this message:

"You have not created any backends for this application."

Even dev_appserver is showing this same message. Here is my
backends.yaml file:

backends:
- name: admin_backend
start: backend_handler.py

Kwame

Aug 29, 2011, 12:26:15 PM8/29/11
to Google App Engine
RESOLVED:

After adding the backends.yaml file, the GAE app needs to be manually
updated from cmd line, using:

appcfg.py backends . update

Not sure why it dosen't work using the GoogleAppEngineLauncher