Testing blob migration

c h

Apr 27, 2012, 9:06:30 PM4/27/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to test migration from master/slave to HRD.  I just ran the migration and selected the option for migrating blobs.  i got the notification that the migration is complete, but i don't see any blobs in the blob viewer of my destination app.  has anyone else had this experience?  what can i do to get my blobs to show up in my copied app?

thanks,

christian

c h

Apr 29, 2012, 1:47:54 PM4/29/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
i've tried this again with 1 other app and 2 other destination apps.  all are having the same result.  no __BlobInfo__ or __BlobMigration__ tables in the datastore, nothing in the blob viewer.  Are there settings that might have prevented the blob copy?

thanks so much,

christian

Thomas Meyer

Sep 24, 2012, 10:36:23 AM9/24/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
After trying around for some time I think I found out why it didn't work for me: I had no direct references to Blobs in the Datastore. I was only storing the keyString of the BlobKey, not the BlobKey itself (mainly because I'm using the entities in GWT).
After updating my entities to hold the BlobKey instance rather than a String, the Blobs where successfully migrated. Maybe that'll help someone else... It would be nice to add this requirement to the migrations docs.

The checkbox to "Migrate Blobstore Data" seems to just not exist anymore, but it works. It would also be nice to remove that from the docs to avoid confusion.

Cheers, Thomas.

On Monday, September 24, 2012 10:52:56 AM UTC+2, Thomas Meyer wrote:
i have the same issue, blobs are not showing up.. I'm also not seeing the "checkbox labeled Migrate Blobstore Data" as described in the documentation. I've upgraded both apps to GAE SDK 1.7.2

Andrew Mackenzie

Sep 26, 2012, 9:44:43 AM9/26/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
If you don't want to store BlobKeys like you describe, and/or you have already done your HRD migration (and the blobs didn't come with it)...... is there anyway to migrate blobs between original and hrd appid after the fact?