Targeting GAE and standalone apps

Johann Höchtl

Feb 2, 2012, 9:35:56 AM2/2/12
to google-ap...@googlegroups.com
Congrats for GAE Beta 1!

Under
https://github.com/the42/cartconvert/tree/master/cartconvserv

I have assembeld a small project which uses features of the new go tool,
http://tip.golang.org/pkg/go/build/#Context.ScanDir
specifically build constraints to differ between appengine or stand alone applications. Watch out for

// +build

in main.go, init.go and config.go

I think the file layout I came up with quite sane. Maybe some good practice to follow for future developers.

BTW. I have NOT yet tested on GAE SDK ... if the go tool holds what promised, it should work ...

Johann

David Symonds

Feb 2, 2012, 7:18:53 PM2/2/12
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Johann Höchtl <johann....@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW. I have NOT yet tested on GAE SDK ... if the go tool holds what
> promised, it should work ...

The Go App Engine tools don't support the +build annotations yet, but
they will eventually. For now, you can use the skip_files or
nobuild_files directives in your app.yaml to control what gets
uploaded/built for App Engine deployment.

Dave.