REST - Table ID and Authorization token

Tom

May 15, 2012, 10:08:31 AM5/15/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm totally new to Google Analytics and am trying out the tool on

I'd like to execute the data.ga.get method, but I don't know how to find the ID parameter. I already executed all other methods, but they don't provide me that information. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to integrate the authorization token into your URL? Because for now I'm only able to see a result when I use the OAuth 2.0 playground (https://code.google.com/oauthplayground/).

Thank you for your help,
Tom

Nick

May 21, 2012, 5:00:27 PM5/21/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
So the ids query parameter is called the table ID.

The value is ga:xxx where xxx is your profile ID.

You can get the profile ID:
- In the Google Analytics interface configuration section
- the p query parameter in the main Google Analytics interface reports
- Using the management API

If you are brand new to the API, we just published some helloAnalyticsApi tutorials to make it easy to get going: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/tutorials/hello-analytics-api

These tutorials do walk you through using the Management API to query the Core Reporting API.

-Nick