AdWords Customer ID in Analytics?

John Girvin

Jan 27, 2012, 8:06:54 PM1/27/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com

My client wants to use the ten digit AdWords "Customer ID" (seen in the top right of the AdWords screen eg:
Customer ID: 123-123-1234) to extract AdWords metrics from AdWords-linked Analytics accounts of his clients into a dashboard. He doesn't want to manage AdWords for them, just present some high level statistics within his own system.

Using the latest PHP client library I have the
Analytics OAuth flow and some test data export API calls working, but I can't see where this AdWords Customer ID comes into play. I have the ga:adwordsCustomerId dimension specified on the query but it's returning an 8 digit number that appears unrelated to the Customer ID displayed in AdWords.

Is what he wants possible? Guidance appreciated.

Jeetendra Soneja

Jan 28, 2012, 7:05:11 PM1/28/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yeah, this is a known issue. Currently you can't identify which AdWords account the data is for, if you have multiple accounts linked to a profile. If it's only account per profile, you could of course infer that the data is for that single account.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But we will look into fixing this.

Jeetendra.

John Girvin

Jan 30, 2012, 2:24:37 PM1/30/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Ah OK, thanks. I'd searched but didn't find any mention. Is there a planned fix date?

Antoine Herzog

Apr 7, 2012, 7:12:56 AM4/7/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Yes you know when the bug will be fixed ??

Robert Vito

Jul 16, 2013, 7:15:22 PM7/16/13
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Have you recieved a response on this issue? We have a similar issue with the 8 digits showing up instead of the 10 digit code. Thanks

If you have a fix please let me know.

Thank you.

DCC

Marina DIAZ