Google API Feed not working?

Selena Smith

Aug 28, 2014, 9:14:19 AM8/28/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone having an issue with the feed not being refreshed?  I'm using the FeedeEk jQuery plugin and it's worked fabulously for me for almost a year now, but this week we noticed that the feed hasn't been refreshed.

Jeremy Geerdes

Aug 28, 2014, 2:54:23 PM8/28/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
There were reports last week of the Feeds API not refreshing feeds. I have not seen any official acknowledgment of the issue or announcement of a fix, but some did report the other day that their feeds were updating again. To test, you might try adding a nocache parameter to the feed URL. If that returns unable to load feed, it would be consistent with the issue described last week. If that's the case, I would not know when - or if - to expect a fix.

All of that said, you should also be aware that the TOS state that the deprecation policy will no longer apply after April 2015. This means that Google may shut down the entire service, with or without warning, at any time after then.

jg

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Selena Smith <pcn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is anyone having an issue with the feed not being refreshed?  I'm using the FeedeEk jQuery plugin and it's worked fabulously for me for almost a year now, but this week we noticed that the feed hasn't been refreshed.

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/28845b63-2107-47ab-815f-6f01c74e846a%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

Selena Smith

Jeremy Geerdes

Aug 29, 2014, 8:31:25 AM8/29/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
The nocache parameter is a dummy parameter you would add to the end of your script url that would make the url unique and compel the Feeds API to crawl the feed. So if your feed url is http://mysite.com/feed.rss, you could use something like this in JS:

var feedUrl = "http://mysite.com/feed.rss?nocache=" + (new Date).getTime();

jg

Selena Smith