Questions about Cache

emorling

May 30, 2011, 10:05:03 AM5/30/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi,

How long are feeds cached? Can I control how long they will cache?

Are requests to feeds that do not exist, also cached?

Thanks
Elia

Jeremy Geerdes

May 30, 2011, 10:52:19 AM5/30/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
There is no hard and fast rule how long feeds are cached. The guideline used to be that feeds would be refreshed no more than once every 60 minutes, with heavy traffic feeds cached about that often and other, lower-traffic feeds cached less frequently. There is no way that you can control the frequency yourself.

I believe that all feed urls are cached for this time, and so, if the feed returns 404, it won't be checked again for at least 60 minutes.