Re: Windows 8 Metro and Phone port of the SDK?

Rajkumar Parameswaran

Dec 4, 2012, 9:27:52 PM12/4/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

We are working on a Windows 8 SDK but don't have anything specific to announce at this time. Thanks.

Raj

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Alexei Garbuzenko <gor...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 To this question.
For WinRT tablets AdMob would be the best solution.
On Desktops we could use some kind of AsSense For Games. Only things needed is SDK recompiled to Windows 8 and permission to use it.

Rajkumar Parameswaran

Jun 6, 2013, 1:48:47 PM6/6/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately we haven't got any updates on this. We're still working on a Windows Phone 8 SDK.

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:20 PM, Niels <niel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Raj Parameswaran,

It has been half a year now since your post, would you be so kind to give us any information on the progress or maybe a date when we can expect the SDK?

Kind regards,

Niels.

--

---

Andrei Pushkin

Aug 5, 2013, 11:12:10 AM8/5/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
+1 on this one.

Would start using this control in all my Windows 8 Metro apps, the moment it comes out. It shouldn't be that hard to port the existing WP7 control to WP8 and Windows 8.

Heck, I'd do it for free myself ;)

On Friday, September 14, 2012 3:34:20 AM UTC-7, Frode Nilsen wrote:
Will there be a Windows 8 Metro and/or Windows Phone 8 port of the SDK available?

If not, is it it possible or recommended to implement Google ads on these platform without an SDK, like for instance by viewing a web control with a standard web page with a single Adsense ad in it?

Andre Botelho

Aug 14, 2013, 4:31:50 PM8/14/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I know that Google is not friendly with WP8 but even if they don't want to do the SDK there's no reason to not make money with WP8. Please give us help on how to implement the Ads and we will do it.

Seven 007

Aug 31, 2013, 3:45:26 AM8/31/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Any Updates for Windows phone 8 ?????

Wait for 8+ months. . .

Rahul Mathur

Sep 10, 2013, 2:19:29 AM9/10/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
still nothing? O_o
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Niels

Sep 21, 2013, 4:00:53 PM9/21/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raj Parameswaran, I am sorry to see that you are not succeeding in implementing the Windows 8 SDK. Fortunately, Microsoft advertising is picking up very well, however I would still like to use any other advertising sdk as a backup. Do you need any help with the implementation? I am sure I could free up a couple of weekends to help you out...

Chen Wei Hsu

Oct 8, 2013, 1:53:11 AM10/8/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For all those who wants to use admob on windows phone 8. I can confirm that the abmob works for windows phone 8 now.
However, to get the ads on your phone, you must have a real ad unit id to get it works even when using force test.
You will find out that when creating app in admob control panel, there is no windows phone.
However, if you have an ad unit id for android, it will work for windows phone.
I guess iOS ad unit id will do the work, but I don't have an iOS device to test that.
Thanks to the AdMob team!

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 14, 2013, 2:45:30 PM10/14/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
You must still be on the legacy AdMob UI. The new AdMob UI (apps.admob.com) has the capability to add Windows Phone 8 ad units directly.

Thanks,
Eric

Chen Wei Hsu

Oct 15, 2013, 5:33:21 AM10/15/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
No, I am using the newest admob sdk GoogleAds.6.5.9 from Google AdMob Ads SDK.

I also notice that after using admob sdk, I could see lots of exceptions when running my apps.
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.NotImplementedException' occurred in googleads.DLL and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary

I didn't pay attention to it because everything seemed to be fine util my new version app was rejected by
windows phone app store. Because they found that if playing music from music+video hub first, then launch
my app, play music, the app just crashed by throwing System.InvalidOperationException. I spent some time
removing new commit and found that it was the admob commit cause this exception.

I really have no ideas why this occurs, so I might have to remove admob from my app for now.

Tuna Toksoz

Oct 17, 2013, 8:45:28 PM10/17/13
to google-admob-ads-sdk
Hi Chen,
Can you give more insights? Possibly send me the xap of the app with Admob, so i can verify that it's an issue?

Also, did you try adding capabilities required such as User and Device identity?

Thanks.

Tuna

Eternal sunshine of the opensource mind.

Chen Wei Hsu

Oct 26, 2013, 12:54:34 AM10/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi tuna,

I have enabled capabilities of user and device identity, but the problem still exists.
You could find the xap and test account here.

---

Chen Wei Hsu

Oct 26, 2013, 9:32:49 AM10/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tuna,

I tried the user and device identity, the issue still exists.
Please see the attachment for xap and test account.
Thanks.

On Friday, October 18, 2013 8:45:28 AM UTC+8, tunatoksoz wrote:

---

MuzikOnline_Release_AnyCPU.v1.0.2.8.cap_identity_user_device.xap
test account.txt

Chen Wei Hsu

Oct 27, 2013, 9:20:31 PM10/27/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tuna,

How could I send you the xap? I have tried user and device identity, and the issue still exists.

On Friday, October 18, 2013 8:45:28 AM UTC+8, tunatoksoz wrote:

---

Ciprian Stanciu

Nov 16, 2013, 7:26:29 AM11/16/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

The GoogleAds Windows Phone 8 SDK is not working right on the simulator.

Right out of downloading the SDK, I manually add the referenced library since the folder where it is is external (no idea why it can't be local to the projects), and then no idea what's up with that XML file (GoogleAds.xml) or where it should be placed, but I added it in the project anyway.

So it throws an access denied error, I then added user/device identity capabilities which DID NOT CAME WITH THE SDK. If it was meant to be, why not included before shipping the SDK right ?

And now I just have a plain System.SystemException on LoadAd(adRequest). Seriously though, just download your own SDKs, run them on the x86 simulator and see how it crashes.

One thing that came to mind is that the simulator is x86 and the library may be compiled for ARM. Do you have native C++ compiled code in your library or just C# ? If you have C++, you need to provide x86 for simulator and ARM for device builds. I'm having the impression this might be the problem.

Herberth Madrigal

Dec 4, 2013, 6:03:10 PM12/4/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I haven't read much about the thread, but the exception that you're getting could be because the DLL is locked. Windows (in some versions) prevents the access of DLLs downloaded from the Web. In order to unlocked it go the file properties (on the Windows Explorer), and look for the unlock button, that appears on General tab (I do not recall the name exactly, I think it is unlocked, it is pretty obvious most of the time).

Good luck,
Herber

Richard Hawkins

Jan 10, 2014, 7:08:37 AM1/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Im getting the same errors here and have had my app rejected, Is there any fix on this issue?? Makes the SDK unusable