Re: ProGuard problem on Android AdMob SDK 6.2.0

Eric Leichtenschlag

Oct 19, 2012, 8:41:09 PM10/19/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Willie,

It looks like when the AdMob SDK was ProGuarded, it left a reference to this AdState class. These warnings are benign and can safely be ignored. You can use the "-ignorewarnings" flag in the proguard-project.txt file for now as a workaround. This issue should be fixed in the release after v6.2.1, which probably still has this issue.

Thanks,
Eric

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Willie Song <willie.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I add the newest AdMob SDK 6.2.0 to my android project.
But when I export apk with ProGuard, it always shows the following error:

-----
Proguard returned with error code 1. See console
Warning: com.google.ads.m: can't find referenced class com.google.ads.internal.state.AdState
Warning: com.google.ads.m: can't find referenced class com.google.ads.internal.state.AdState
       You should check if you need to specify additional program jars.
Warning: there were 2 unresolved references to classes or interfaces.
       You may need to specify additional library jars (using '-libraryjars').
java.io.IOException: Please correct the above warnings first.
       at proguard.Initializer.execute(Initializer.java:321)
       at proguard.ProGuard.initialize(ProGuard.java:211)
       at proguard.ProGuard.execute(ProGuard.java:86)
       at proguard.ProGuard.main(ProGuard.java:492)
-----

I have tried to add "-keep class com.google.ads.**  {*;}" in my proguard-project.txt but didn't help.
Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

digipom

Nov 8, 2012, 1:37:10 PM11/8/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Also confirmed that 6.2.1 has this issue, it took some digging to finally get to this thread. I had just downgraded to 6.1.0 in the meantime...

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:31:34 AM UTC-4, Willie Song wrote:
Hi Max,

6.2.1 still has this problem,
I add "-dontwarn com.google.ads.**" in the proguard-project.txt according to Eric's suggestion.
And it seems no problem now.

Thanks,
Willie

Max於 2012年10月23日星期二UTC+8下午10時35分08秒寫道:
Not fixed in 6.2.1 is it?
Is it because 6.2.1 was released prior to schedule due to the crash problem?

Max.

William Ferguson

Nov 8, 2012, 5:37:09 PM11/8/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Or you could use 6.2.1 and add  "-dontwarn com.google.ads.**" as suggested above.

William Ferguson

Nov 12, 2012, 5:26:26 PM11/12/12
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
If its a different problem, then I suggest starting a new thread.

You may not be getting any ads because you have no inventory. If you don't ProGuard do you get ads?

William

On Monday, November 12, 2012 10:59:33 PM UTC+10, dany wehbe wrote:
hello every body.I face different problem, I created android app with admob sdk,and when I pro guarded it, it worked fine BUT it didn't show any ad,so please help me

Eric Chen

Jun 15, 2015, 1:15:05 AM6/15/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, eleich...@google.com
I tried it as following :
-keepclassmembers class com.google.ads.**  {*;}
-dontwarn com.google.ads.**
-keep class com.google.ads.**  {*;}

you can choice one for to solved this issues or add all.

Eric Leichtenschlag於 2012年10月20日星期六 UTC+8上午8時41分09秒寫道: