Android - All my new ad unit interstitals are not working - AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined

Adelino Lobão

Jan 5, 2016, 8:15:29 AM1/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

Since yesterday, all the new ad interstital units are not working. I only get a black screen with the closing button.

The only error that I can spot in the logs is
E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)

This is not a implementation problem, since the implementation works with an old ad interstital and I don't see the error. I already created a bunch of new apps with new ids an not able to get the ad.

I can give you the details of my implementation but if the implementation works with old ids so I can assume that everything is ok.

Can you guys help, since I have something to push to production but with this problem I cannot push them.

Best regards,
Adelino Lobao

Kien Doan

Jan 5, 2016, 10:31:01 AM1/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, I got the same problem, with both interstital and banner . Every new admob id just display black screen. Old admob id work fine.

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 5, 2016, 1:27:02 PM1/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for reporting this problem. I've been able to verify it here, and we've passed logs and other information on to our engineering team. They're looking into the issue right now, and I'll post here once I have more information for you. I don't know how quickly we'll be able to resolve the problem, but I can tell you that it's being actively worked on by our engineers.

Thanks!

-Andrew

Zol Heyman

Jan 5, 2016, 8:54:49 PM1/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm having the same problem (black screen with X), but it's with an interstitial ad id I've used for months.  Doesn't seem limited to old ids.  Do you know how long this has been going on?  Because I had 0 clicks on 12/30, 12/31, and 1/4.  Anyone else have trouble on those dates?

vinh pham

Jan 5, 2016, 10:43:25 PM1/5/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have the same issue. I created 3-4 new admod ids. This is the errores:
 E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (null:1)
E/Web Console: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined at null:1

the old admob id works well

Chris Bick

Jan 12, 2016, 9:23:39 AM1/12/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm having the same problem.  I just created a new interstitial unit and all I see is blank black screen with a close button.  My other banner ads work fine.  Can it take a while for my new interstitial ad to activate?

I noticed that this issue was reported a week ago.  Any updates?

Thanks,
Chris

Alessandro Boggiano

Jan 28, 2016, 4:47:19 PM1/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Same problem here!
Just created a new admod id and I get a black screen with interstitial.

Old admod ids ( on other apps) work just work fine!

Alessandro Boggiano

Jan 28, 2016, 6:13:25 PM1/28/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
UPDATE

You have to wait a couple of hours and everything is going to work! (Well, in my case!)

Amol Kokane

Feb 15, 2016, 8:50:50 PM2/15/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi, any updates to this issue? I am also facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Amol K

berg...@berlitec.de

Mar 14, 2016, 10:22:46 AM3/14/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Same issue here.

I/Ads: Ad finished loading.

E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined", source:  (1)
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
I/Ads: Starting ad request.
I/Ads: Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("35997EC37A1007A3587002974B49466E") to get test ads on this device.
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
I/Ads: Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
W/art: Suspending all threads took: 68.507ms
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:358] onViewFocusChanged: gainFocus [false]
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:326] hideKeyboard
D/cr_Ime: [InputMethodManagerWrapper.java:56] isActive: false
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:358] onViewFocusChanged: gainFocus [true]
I/Ads: Ad finished loading.

E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined", source:  (1)
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
I/Ads: Ad is not visible. Not refreshing ad.
I/Ads: Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
I/Ads: Starting ad request.
I/Ads: Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("35997EC37A1007A3587002974B49466E") to get test ads on this device.
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
I/Ads: Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
I/Ads: Ad finished loading.

E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined", source:  (1)
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
W/art: Suspending all threads took: 20.426ms
I/art: Background partial concurrent mark sweep GC freed 79247(2MB) AllocSpace objects, 37(5MB) LOS objects, 40% free, 23MB/39MB, paused 18.848ms total 282.303ms
I/Ads: Starting ad request.
I/Ads: Use AdRequest.Builder.addTestDevice("35997EC37A1007A3587002974B49466E") to get test ads on this device.
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
I/Ads: Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.
W/art: Suspending all threads took: 70.716ms
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:358] onViewFocusChanged: gainFocus [false]
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:326] hideKeyboard
D/cr_Ime: [InputMethodManagerWrapper.java:56] isActive: false
D/cr_Ime: [ImeAdapter.java:358] onViewFocusChanged: gainFocus [true]
I/Ads: Ad finished loading.

E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)
I/chromium: [INFO:CONSOLE(1)] "Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined", source:  (1)
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231
W/cr_BindingManager: Cannot call determinedVisibility() - never saw a connection for the pid: 17231

David Martin

May 9, 2016, 4:42:18 AM5/9/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Any update on this??

Now I'm getting the same issue for DFP SDK

hohohog...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 5:56:59 PM5/31/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Same here, need help!

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jun 6, 2016, 4:53:54 PM6/6/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This bug was at one point resolved, but we've verified that it's still occurring sporadically. An issue report has been created and the engineers are actively investigating.

-Andrew

Dark Knight

Jun 12, 2016, 3:01:19 AM6/12/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
hi
is this resolved?

Hoài Trung Nguyễn Trần

Jul 7, 2016, 9:47:02 AM7/7/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Same here:

Amey Kadle

Jul 7, 2016, 11:35:51 PM7/7/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Andrew, Please do it at the earliest. I am waiting to test the ads, and then publish it. Good Luck fixing the bug!
--Amey

Amey Kadle

Jul 12, 2016, 4:53:07 PM7/12/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Andrew, Can you please commit us some timeframe within which this issue can be resolved??

Jeudy Blanco

Sep 2, 2016, 4:44:24 AM9/2/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi

I'm facing the same problem. Its been a couple of hours since I created the ad units, but ads are not showing up (not even on added test devices) and I see that error in Logcat.

Please help.

anonym

Sep 3, 2016, 9:04:18 AM9/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Sometimes ads works for good for a while, but then they aren't shown at all and I get this error:

 E/Ads: JS: Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined (:1)

When I wait some time (1-2 hours) it works normal again.

So what is wrong with this Ad system? Please, fix it.

In my app I've added banner exactly like https://firebase.google.com/docs/admob/android/quick-start

Тимофей Крючков

Sep 3, 2016, 10:51:08 AM9/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
This problem has happened with many of my applications. Also defferent devices: nexus 5, nexus 7. Interstitial ads, banners and using mediation. As with the old ID, and new. The problem is not always evident, but more than 50% of cases. Perhaps a problem for my country, I'm from Ukraine, since several familiar programmers have told me about this same issue in recent days.

In logs I see next:

Uncaught ReferenceError: AFMA_ReceiveMessage is not defined

Of course, I used to test applications that you recommend. Did not help.

The problem is reproduced on com.google.android.gms:play-services:8.4.0 and on com.google.firebase:firebase-ads:9.4.0

anonym

Sep 3, 2016, 1:40:21 PM9/3/16
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm also from Ukraine. And I frequently get this error during developing/testing my app, sometimes banners aren't shown at all. I have to wait hours (1-4) to see them again.
Is there really some limits for specific countries?

Тимофей Крючков, реально может страна наша не нравится этому сервису..
Message has been deleted