Renumbering Versions

Mark Liversedge

Jan 23, 2015, 1:52:22 PM1/23/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
It seems a few folks disagree with the version numbering scheme and specifically think that the next release contains more than a mere 'incremental' update.
Indeed, it represents a lot of code, with as much new code as was in the first release of GoldenCheetah !

So, we will renumber the versions;

3.2 is the version number for what was previously going to be 3.11. It is due for release candidate by the end of the month and will contain the multisport, moxy, trainer and technical updates (incl ridecache, folders and switch to our native file format).

4.0 is the version number for what was previously going to be 3.2 and will be released towards the end of the year and will contain (at least) planning and interval analysis functionality. It is likely that other chart types and UX changes will also be incorporated as we flesh out planning and tracking functions.

Cheers,

Mark

Serban Mestecaneanu

Jan 24, 2015, 6:05:32 AM1/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Wonderful! I am so happy with the current dev version that I am looking forward for the release candidate by the end of the month.

Meanwhile keep up the excellent work,
Serban

Ruud Goorden

Jan 24, 2015, 7:47:27 AM1/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Great news (and work)!!!

tigg...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2015, 9:18:35 AM1/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
This risk with going for 4.0 is that it might get delayed for a year or two...

Mark Liversedge

Jan 24, 2015, 9:32:08 AM1/24/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hehe. Although the SRM Powercontrol 8 is worse !