Re: v3.2 Release Candidate 3 - Download links and Use this post for feedback.

Jörn R.

Jul 15, 2015, 2:31:44 PM7/15/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

found a little bug in the Left Calendar Widget on the "Aktivities" View. When starting GC, none of the days (besides the latest=current active activity) is marked with any color (even if activities are available).
By either clicking on any day with an activity or switch back and forth the month the color backgrounds appear.

Before / After

Windows Build 32/64 Bit - Looks like a refresh signal is missing (tried to solve it myself - but failed) - sorry.

Thanks.
Joern

Mark Liversedge

Jul 15, 2015, 3:23:49 PM7/15/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, joer...@gmail.com
Hmmm. I cannot recreate this, how do you make it happen ?

Jörn R.

Jul 16, 2015, 11:21:04 AM7/16/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, joer...@gmail.com
Just after opening GC with more than only one activity in the current month - then it happens (I also got a mail with screenshots from a German Users - with the same problem on the Mac Build).
Sorry
Joern

Ale Martinez

Jul 16, 2015, 1:43:05 PM7/16/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I recently noted my own win32 build has the same behavior

Rolf Kjøller

Jul 17, 2015, 7:30:26 AM7/17/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A small bug that's been around since RC1: When you edit an interval (typically the text) and then hit the "Enter"-key to close the edit-window, the color-picker is opened. By convention I expect the default action for "Enter" to be "OK".

This is on OS-X 10.10.4, w. QT5 64 bit.

Thanks,
Rolf

Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell

Jul 17, 2015, 10:08:58 AM7/17/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I see the following bugs:
-In lap swimming (imported TCX), time moving is wrong (tipically 0) and average speed is way off (eg. 80+ kms/h) it should be in seconds/100 anyway.
-Withings import is not showing in the graphs.

Ale Martinez

Jul 17, 2015, 10:42:46 AM7/17/15
El viernes, 17 de julio de 2015, 11:08:58 (UTC-3), Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell escribió:
I see the following bugs:
-In lap swimming (imported TCX), time moving is wrong (tipically 0) and average speed is way off (eg. 80+
Arturo, can you post or send me one of these tcx files? If it comes from an original .fit that one also would help.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 17, 2015, 11:01:43 AM7/17/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, arg...@gmail.com
On Friday, 17 July 2015 15:08:58 UTC+1, Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell wrote:
-Withings import is not showing in the graphs.

Will add, the withings metrics are deprecated and we now have "Athlete Weight" that cascades from Withings, Weight in Activity File to Athlete Profile.
The chart library needs updating.

Mark

Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell

Jul 17, 2015, 12:44:15 PM7/17/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Here you have them!

Thanks Ale
635727236880000000318.fit
activity_835699222.tcx

Ale Martinez

Jul 17, 2015, 2:03:37 PM7/17/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Arturo, this tcx seems to be imported correctly, see below, may be do you have "Garmin Smart Recording" disabled?

Jean Div

Jul 18, 2015, 2:03:45 AM7/18/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, arg...@gmail.com
Hi Mark

'Athlete Weight' works well, but does that mean that we can't pull in the 'body fat' metric from Withings?

Not sure if I am missing something, but if I chart my 'athlete weight', it establishes a range of about 0-90kg, so any gains or losses of 1 or 2kg just look flat. I can manipulate the axes to zoom in and create a more useable range that shows the movement (say 75-85kg), as below (pardon the 100kg plus data point - I can't find it in the data) but it is not persistent - If I click away to another chart and come back, then it is back to the 0-90 range. Is there any way to make this persistent?

Then in terms of the auto-segments, really enjoying them. The 'segments' is BRILLIANT! The 2 ideas that I had for this were:

1. I know that functionality has been added to turn the peak paces on and off, but could there also be an option to define the default times? For example, I'm mainly a triathlete and MTB'er. I'm not at all concerned with 1s, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 30s, 1m power, but  5m+ interests me. Could there be either a checkbox, or a manual number entry with comma separated values to stipulate the default peak powers? Similarly for running and swimming.

2. For swimming, there are obviously no power meters (yet! :-)) but lap times are a good consistent measure of output so it's useful to be able to compare these. Is there an opportunity to add another category of automatic laps called say 'Swimming Sets', where the software automatically picks out the distances swum per interval, discards the rest and names them? So if I swam 5x200m, 2 x 1000m and 8x25m sets with 15s rest, the software would pick up the 15 different intervals and name them according to the distance, perhaps with a sequential ending (so 100m-1, 100m-2) and not the rest. This makes it very easy to track performance in the sets - was I fading on the 100m, how does the 1000m compare with previous effort last season, etc..? To do this, I made a very simple excel file that strips this out from a garmin connect summary about a year ago, and I manually do this from every swim at the moment (I''m not a developer - very simple. Don't laugh). The pivots then allow me to compare performance against previous efforts. Thats perhaps a second request though beyond the scope of this request that could be used for all sports - this request is just for the auto-identification of the laps. The only potential problem that I see with this is where drills / equipment are being used - a 1000m easy recovery set swum in fins could look very fast compared to a regular one, or a 50m kick set very slow. You'll see in my excel file, I add a column to manually overwrite this, so that Freestyle is uniquely identified without fins / pull sets. The other thing that you'll notice is that I count cadence on both arms - GC is currently only counting single arm cadence. Just a convention - all my coaches have referred to 'strokes per length' as both arms. Works this way for SWOLF (Swim Golf, perhaps worth including at a later stage? Strokes + time in seconds) too, so I'd say that its convention.

I hope that this is clear..? Please let me know if there are any questions.

Again.. thanks for all the effort on a GREAT piece of software guys!

Ta,
Jean

Mark Liversedge

Jul 18, 2015, 2:59:18 AM7/18/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, jean...@gmail.com, arg...@gmail.com
On Saturday, 18 July 2015 07:03:45 UTC+1, Jean Div wrote:
Hi Mark

'Athlete Weight' works well, but does that mean that we can't pull in the 'body fat' metric from Withings?

Oops. I had to replace my scales and bought the cheap ones and didn't notice, will fix that.

Not sure if I am missing something, but if I chart my 'athlete weight', it establishes a range of about 0-90kg, so any gains or losses of 1 or 2kg just look flat. I can manipulate the axes to zoom in and create a more useable range that shows the movement (say 75-85kg), as below (pardon the 100kg plus data point - I can't find it in the data) but it is not persistent - If I click away to another chart and come back, then it is back to the 0-90 range. Is there any way to make this persistent?

I get irritated by that too. We will definitely add the ability to set the axis range in v4.0.
The first left axis always gets sized to content (its a useful bug that is almost a feature).
So if you plot with other things, e.g. on a PMC, if you shift it up and down in the curve list until its first left.
I know that is a terrible hack, but its how I get around the problem for now.

Then in terms of the auto-segments, really enjoying them. The 'segments' is BRILLIANT! The 2 ideas that I had for this were:

1. I know that functionality has been added to turn the peak paces on and off, but could there also be an option to define the default times? For example, I'm mainly a triathlete and MTB'er. I'm not at all concerned with 1s, 5s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 30s, 1m power, but  5m+ interests me. Could there be either a checkbox, or a manual number entry with comma separated values to stipulate the default peak powers? Similarly for running and swimming.

OK, will look at that in v4.0 - do you want to add a feature request ?

[...]

Thanks for sharing your ideas, it is always great to get insight on what athletes and coaches do.
Would you mind raising a feature request for that too ?

Mark

Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell

Jul 18, 2015, 6:58:11 PM7/18/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I had it disabled. I have now enabled it but the results are still wrong. Do I have to delete it and  import it again?

Mark Liversedge

Jul 19, 2015, 4:12:32 AM7/19/15
On Saturday, 18 July 2015 23:58:11 UTC+1, Arturo Gonzalez Mac Dowell wrote:
Yes, I had it disabled. I have now enabled it but the results are still wrong. Do I have to delete it and  import it again?

Yeah, or just run fix gaps in recording with 1s and 30s settings.

Mark

Jörn R.

Jul 19, 2015, 4:26:27 AM7/19/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
Navigator and Activities List in SideBar shown "Distance" without any Decimals (both in English and in a translated Version). Not sure if other Data Fields are affected as well.

Mark Liversedge

Jul 19, 2015, 4:32:33 AM7/19/15
On Sunday, 19 July 2015 09:26:27 UTC+1, Jörn R. wrote:
Navigator and Activities List in SideBar shown "Distance" without any Decimals (both in English and in a translated Version). Not sure if other Data Fields are affected as well.

Ale Martinez

Jul 19, 2015, 8:00:36 AM7/19/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com
I afraid yes, Smart Recording must be enabled at imoort time so each lap is expanded to one sample per sec.

Ale Martinez

Jul 19, 2015, 9:52:23 AM7/19/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, arg...@gmail.com
FixGaps was not updated to include lap swimming support, only tcx and pwx importers have it at present, I should take a look a it...

Mark Liversedge

Jul 19, 2015, 10:28:37 AM7/19/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, amtri...@gmail.com, arg...@gmail.com
On Sunday, 19 July 2015 14:52:23 UTC+1, Ale Martinez wrote:
FixGaps was not updated to include lap swimming support, only tcx and pwx importers have it at present, I should take a look a it...

Oh, my bad. Have you spotted I have *no clue* when it comes  to swimming ?

Cheers

Mark

jwb...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2015, 2:39:52 PM7/19/15
to golden-che...@googlegroups.com, garet...@gmail.com
I am able to reproduce this on 64bit OSX build:
when I go to details tab, edit TSS (press return to confirm) there, stay in the field and press cmd-S it is not saved. When I exit GC I am asked to save or discard.

Op dinsdag 14 juli 2015 07:37:32 UTC+2 schreef Mark Liversedge:
On Tuesday, 14 July 2015 03:03:21 UTC+1, G Coco wrote:
This is a QT feature. Unless you leave the field QT does not know there is a change to be saved.

Need to add this to the FAQ is we get it raised all the time.

On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 6:34:49 AM UTC-4, rjkflyer wrote:
In the 'Details' tab/page, entering text in one of the fields and hitting CMD-S (Mac OS 10.10.4) empties the comment you've just entered UNLESS you tab away from the field first

Actually, I fixed this in v3.1.
When you press ^S all the fields are sent a flush signal, which causes them to flush whatever is being edited out to the metadata fields.

I am skeptical about this being a bug, I cannot recreate it using the 64bit build.

Mark

Jean Div

Jul 21, 2015, 3:04:29 PM7/21/15
to golden-cheetah-users, arg...@gmail.com
Thanks for the response! Will log a few feature requests then.

Keep up the good work :-)

Ta,
Jean

Jean Div

Jul 25, 2015, 7:59:35 AM7/25/15
to golden-cheetah-users, arg...@gmail.com, jean...@gmail.com
Hey Mark, Ale, et al.

I'm in the 'Diary' tab, and 'Activity Log' sub-tab - this is what I use to move around, and its easy to sort and filter to get exactly the workouts that I'm after (esp. after the sort numbers fix was made!).

My 1 issue is that GC pulled in a bunch of 00:00:00 duration workouts from TP (Some planned, some races / notes), and the only way to get rid of them is to click on them individually and delete (and confirm - are you sure? yes). It takes a while and would be tedious for the 80-odd files.

Is there a way to allow selection of multiple files for delete? I suppose that the functionality could be extended to allow the selection and sharing of multiple files, etc.. but for now the delete is the biggie for me..

Ta,
Jean

Mark Liversedge

Jul 25, 2015, 8:01:45 AM7/25/15
to golden-cheetah-users, jean...@gmail.com, arg...@gmail.com, jean...@gmail.com
Its not possible at present because we only ever have a single ride as context.

We keep getting asked about mass edit of metadata so maybe we can add mass edit and mass delete in a single dialog. But that will not make it into v3.2.

Mark

Arend teRaa

Jul 27, 2015, 5:12:02 AM7/27/15
to golden-cheetah-users
I think I've seen this in earlier versions as well but just noticed it again.  If I add a bunch of peak power metrics to the Bests tab (options - metrics - bests), they all get grouped side by side on the page but if they exceed the width of the screen there is no horizontal scrollbar that lets me get over to the right to see them.  Only way I've figured out to get over there is to click and drag with the mouse to highlight some of the text and then as I move the mouse to the right, it scrolls over.  Then to get back to the left I have to do the same only move the mouse left.  Seems like there should either be a scrollbar or they should get moved down lower if the screen width is exceeded.

I hope I explained that so it makes sense.  This is with 3.2 RC3 on Win7.

Berend De Schouwer

Jul 31, 2015, 5:04:22 PM7/31/15
to golden-cheetah-users, garet...@gmail.com
There were 25 files that could not be converted to .JSON.  All of them were very old, from 2007 and 2008.  Most were old Ergomo .csv files, one old .wko file.

One new .fit file cannot be read.  It could also not be read by GoldenCheetah 3.1, with the same error.  It's from a Garmin 500.  The error is "Error - local type 10 without pr..." (chopped off)

This is on Fedora 22, from source.
Message has been deleted

Jean Div

Aug 1, 2015, 11:30:25 AM8/1/15
to golden-cheetah-users, jean...@gmail.com, arg...@gmail.com
Hi Guys

One thing I'm finding with all my run files and swim files in now is a lot of 'Noisy' data on the CV curve, E.g.

Obviously GPS glitches on the runs under 3m above (they usually happen as the watch starts up and jumps around a little, registering a few single data points of 127 kph in some cases). Then on the swim too - it resulted in one TriScore of about 16000 because I swam a 23s 100m :-) Could either be from 'early taps' on a Garmin swim/ indoor swimming or from similar and more frequent GPS jumps in open water.

Can we include autocorrect metrics for run and swim files above a certain threshold? Say we can set it to, 23kph for the run, and probably around 7kph for the swim (thresholds to be set in the same auto-process tab in settings with HR spikes and GPS gaps. Definitely user editable though, because there may be some speed merchants out there that get bottlenecked with this (like the Garmin connect online portal that refuses to accept a FTP >300W).

ITO how best to smooth out the numbers, I'm open to suggestions.. either interpolate the last 'reasonable' values, or just insert the run/swim avg. value (though this could make for some very tall single stacks within a pace distribution)..?

Ta,
Jean

Ale Martinez

Aug 1, 2015, 1:32:08 PM8/1/15
El sábado, 1 de agosto de 2015, 12:30:25 (UTC-3), Jean Div escribió:
ITO how best to smooth out the numbers, I'm open to suggestions.. either interpolate the last 'reasonable' values, or just insert the run/swim avg. value (though this could make for some very tall single stacks within a pace distribution)..?
The short lived spikes are easy to spot on the "Ride" speed curve using Smooth=1 and to fix selecting the interval and changing to "Edit", it shows the corresponding samples highlighted.

Can we include autocorrect metrics for run and swim files above a certain threshold? Say we can set it to, 23kph for the run, and probably around 7kph for the swim (thresholds to be set in the same auto-process tab in settings with HR spikes and GPS gaps. Definitely user editable though, because there may be some speed merchants out there that get bottlenecked with this (like the Garmin connect online portal that refuses to accept a FTP >300W).
A Fix Speed Spikes tool, together with the ability to fix interval distance and direct .fit import for lap swimming files, is in the list of missing features in v3.2 that we should address for v4.0, but it is not as easy as it sounds since speed is not independent of distance and time and the three of them are represented explicitly, perhaps would be a good idea to open a feature request and to discuss possible solutions.

Berend De Schouwer

Aug 3, 2015, 5:40:48 AM8/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users, garet...@gmail.com

Should I mail files that failed to upgrade somewhere?  They are from 2007, so I don't really care about them.

Mark Liversedge

Aug 3, 2015, 5:46:47 AM8/3/15
to golden-cheetah-users, garet...@gmail.com
Sorry missed this, post them to me and I'll take a peek. Sounds like real legacy format but we must have been able to parse them at some point, right !?

Cheers

liversedge gmail com