x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

hiro

Aug 30, 2012, 11:33:17 PM8/30/12
to golang-nuts
tc@thinkpad:~/go$ hg pull
pulling from https://code.google.com/p/go
searching for changes
no changes found

tc@thinkpad:~/go$ go get code.google.com/p/go-tour/gotour
package code.google.com/p/go-tour/gotour: Get
https://code.google.com/p/go-tour/source/checkout?repo=: x509:
certificate signed by unknown authority

what is this? using current tip

Dave Cheney

Aug 30, 2012, 11:38:56 PM8/30/12
to hiro, golang-nuts
I've tried on a few different machines and I cannot replicate the
problem. Can you please post the output of

openssl s_client -connect code.google.com:443

agl

Nov 26, 2012, 5:36:01 PM11/26/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com, hiro, fcmo...@gmail.com
On Monday, November 26, 2012 12:22:40 PM UTC-5, fcmo...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, I get the same error with go get code.google.com/p/go-tour/gotour
The output of openssl s_client -connect code.google.com:443 is as follows:
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=1 /C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/CN=*.google.com
   i:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
 1 s:/C=US/O=Google Inc/CN=Google Internet Authority
   i:/C=US/O=Equifax/OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority

That's correct. I'd guess that we're failing to find the root certificates on your system.

The places that we look for them are listed in http://golang.org/src/pkg/crypto/x509/root_unix.go

Cheers

AGL

Jeff Mitchell

Apr 15, 2013, 1:47:48 PM4/15/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com, hiro, fcmo...@gmail.com
I'm having the same exact problem, except on OSX (and with go.talks instead of gotour). Using Go 1.0.3. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

agl

Apr 15, 2013, 7:36:41 PM4/15/13
On Monday, April 15, 2013 1:47:48 PM UTC-4, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
I'm having the same exact problem, except on OSX (and with go.talks instead of gotour). Using Go 1.0.3. Any ideas?

Do any of the files listed in http://golang.org/src/pkg/crypto/x509/root_unix.go exist? If not, then that's probably the issue.

Cheers

AGL