Go 1.8 Release Candidate 1 is released

Chris Broadfoot

Jan 10, 2017, 3:38:03 PM1/10/17
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello gophers,

We have just released go1.8rc1, a release candidate of Go 1.8.
It is cut from release-branch.go1.8 at the revision tagged go1.8rc1.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to test Go 1.8 so far.
We still need more people to test, especially on production workloads.
Your help is invaluable.

Report any problems using the issue tracker:

If you have Go installed already, the easiest way to try go1.8rc1
is by using this tool:

You can download binary and source distributions from the usual place:

To find out what has changed in Go 1.8, read the draft release notes:

Documentation for Go 1.8 is available at:

Our goal is to release the final version of Go 1.8 on February 1st.

Cheers,
Chris

go-guy

Jan 10, 2017, 6:07:37 PM1/10/17
to golang-nuts
Awesome!

Is there any way that 1.8 can be made available to AppEngine when it's released?

Brad Fitzpatrick

Jan 10, 2017, 6:10:03 PM1/10/17
to go-guy, golang-nuts
App Engine has its own release cycle, but they're working on it.

João Henrique Machado Silva

Jan 10, 2017, 7:43:25 PM1/10/17
to golang-nuts
Awesome! Thanks!!

Michel Casabianca

Jan 11, 2017, 5:22:45 AM1/11/17
to golang-nuts
Hello Gophers,

I have updated my list of Go interfaces at:

http://sweetohm.net/article/go-interfaces.en.html

Enjoy!

Michel Casabianca

Philip Silva