New Go User Group in Wellington, NZ

Andrew Chilton

Aug 17, 2011, 5:22:39 PM8/17/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would like to announce a new Go user group in Wellington, New
Zealand. We're a small geeky and entrepreneurial community (reminds me
of SF in some ways) and have a beautiful harbour, lovely hills,
horizontal rain and oh, a new Go User Group too!

We have scheduled an initial meeting for September 19th and will occur
on the 3rd Monday of every month. We're still looking for digs for the
first meeting (to be announced soon I'm sure) but phsh, we'll find a
cafe if necessary. Coffee is our other love.

There is also a NZ-wide mailing list at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/golang-nz where we'll announce
regional meetings as and when they happen. So please join the list if
you're in NZ (or AU or indeed have any affiliation to us Kiwis) and
we'll look forward to seeing you in the middle of September.

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andrew Chilton
e: chi...@appsattic.com

Jongmin Kim

Aug 18, 2011, 1:51:07 AM8/18/11
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!
I hope this group is activated well.
Here are also a user group in Korea. :)

Nick Sarten

Aug 19, 2011, 12:17:17 AM8/19/11
to golang-nuts
Good to hear there's some hope for me to meet with other Go
programmers. Currently i'm based in Palmerston North, but i'd
definitely love to catch up with other Go programmers in Wellington if
I get the chance.

On Aug 18, 9:22 am, Andrew Chilton <chi...@appsattic.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to announce a new Go user group in Wellington, New
> Zealand. We're a small geeky and entrepreneurial community (reminds me
> of SF in some ways) and have a beautiful harbour, lovely hills,
> horizontal rain and oh, a new Go User Group too!
>
> We have scheduled an initial meeting for September 19th and will occur
> on the 3rd Monday of every month. We're still looking for digs for the
> first meeting (to be announced soon I'm sure) but phsh, we'll find a
> cafe if necessary. Coffee is our other love.

psea...@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2014, 5:11:08 PM4/2/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'll be moving to Wellington mid summer. Is this group still active?

Kees Varekamp

Apr 3, 2014, 3:48:54 AM4/3/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com, psea...@gmail.com
Yes it's still active, although most of the action is happening in AKL now. Please join!

Kees