Gophercon 2014

Brian Ketelsen

May 13, 2013, 5:54:43 PM5/13/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
It's official, Go 1.1 is out! And what better way to celebrate than to announce the first ever GopherCon! A conference for gophers of all varieties, held in spring in Denver, Colorado, USA.

We're still finalizing the details (like location), but we've got the dates firmed up. Reserve April 25th and 26th 2014 for a trip to Denver to meet up with Go developers, friends, and even members of the Go team. [1]

A few details are available at http://www.gophercon.com We'll open up the Call for Proposals soon, and open up the registration shortly after we finalize the roster of speakers. In the mean time, block those dates [ 25-APRIL, 26-APRIL 2014] in your calendar and start thinking of your proposals for awesome talks and labs you want to present or teach!

Brian Ketelsen
on behalf of the GopherCon team

[1] tentatively scheduled, subject to finalizing arrangements

Antoine Grondin

May 13, 2013, 6:27:05 PM5/13/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I'm a student and I'm broke, will there be a reduced rate for our kind?

Brian Ketelsen

May 13, 2013, 6:46:50 PM5/13/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
We don't have pricing finalized yet, but I promise it will be affordable for students and professionals alike.   We're targeting a very low admission fee.

Brian

John Asmuth

May 13, 2013, 9:48:46 PM5/13/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a blast! I wonder if I can get my employer to pay for the trip...

brocaar

May 14, 2013, 2:51:26 AM5/14/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Great initiative, looking forward to it! Are you aware that on the mobile version of the site, the dates are not visible?