[security] Go 1.5.4 and Go 1.6.1 pre-announcement

Andrew Gerrand

Apr 7, 2016, 8:22:53 PM4/7/16
to golan...@googlegroups.com
We plan to issue Go 1.5.4 and Go 1.6,1 on Wednesday April 13 at approximately 2am UTC.
These are minor releases to fix two security issues.

Following our policy at https://golang.org/security, this is the pre-announcement of those releases.

They will be followed by a more significant 1.6.2 point release that will fix a number of issues.

Cheers,
Andrew, on behalf of the Go team

Jason E. Aten

Apr 11, 2016, 7:34:45 PM4/11/16
to golang-nuts
It looks like there are only 4 issues left open for go1.6.2. Do we have an anticipated release date for go1.6.2?

Thank you.

Andrew Gerrand

Apr 14, 2016, 7:49:53 PM4/14/16
to Jason E. Aten, golang-nuts

On 12 April 2016 at 09:34, Jason E. Aten <j.e....@gmail.com> wrote:
It looks like there are only 4 issues left open for go1.6.2. Do we have an anticipated release date for go1.6.2?

I anticipate it will be mid-week next week.