Go 1.3.3 is released

Andrew Gerrand

Oct 1, 2014, 12:06:00 AM10/1/14
to golang-nuts
Hi gophers,

We've just released Go version 1.3.3, a minor point release.

This release fixes the issues introduced by the previous 1.3.2 release.

You can download binary and source distributions from the Go web site:

To compile from source using a Mercurial checkout, update to the release with "hg update release" and build as usual.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release.

Andrew

rich.a...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 12:26:22 AM10/1/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm the issues I reported for windows/386 and windows/amd64 with Go 1.3.2 are fixed in 1.3.3.

Thank you, Russ and the Go team for the fast turnaround. You guys are awesome.

Francisco Dalla Rosa Soares

Oct 1, 2014, 12:41:39 AM10/1/14
to golang-nuts
Cheers! Talk about fast releases!

N. Riesco - GMail account

Oct 1, 2014, 3:50:08 AM10/1/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On 01/10/14 05:04, Andrew Gerrand wrote:
To compile from source using a Mercurial checkout, update to the release

with "hg pull", "hg update release" and build as usual.

Dave Cheney

Oct 1, 2014, 4:23:57 AM10/1/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Or use

hg pull -u

To save time

N. Riesco - GMail account

Oct 1, 2014, 5:09:31 AM10/1/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
This piqued my curiosity, when I run:
$ hg pull -u -r tip
pulling from https://code.google.com/p/go
searching for changes
no changes found
I get:
$ hg summary
parent: 21322:f44017549ff9 go1.3.3 release
 go1.3.3
branch: release-branch.go1.3
commit: (clean)
update: (current)
Is there a single command equivalent to:
$ hg pull
$ hg update tip

Dave Cheney

Oct 1, 2014, 5:12:43 AM10/1/14
to N. Riesco - GMail account, golang-nuts
'tip' is a footgun, it is the HEAD of the current branch you are on.

hg pull -u -r default will put you at the HEAD of the default branch.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 5:26:47 AM10/1/14
to Dave Cheney, golang-nuts
What branch is "tip" in?

I've tried:

$ hg pull -u -r default

pulling from https://code.google.com/p/go
searching for changes
no changes found
$ hg summary
parent: 21322:f44017549ff9 go1.3.3 release
 go1.3.3
branch: release-branch.go1.3
commit: (clean)
update: (current)
$ hg pull -u -b tip
pulling from https://code.google.com/p/go
abort: unknown branch 'tip'!
$ hg pull -u -B tip
pulling from https://code.google.com/p/go
abort: remote bookmark tip not found!
---

Anyway, I wouldn't want to waste any more of your time.

Thanks, for the tip!

Francisco Dalla Rosa Soares

Oct 1, 2014, 5:44:26 AM10/1/14
to golang-nuts
Repeating what Dave said:

"'tip' is a footgun, it is the HEAD of the current branch you are on."

emphasis on __the current branch you are on__

Dave Cheney

Oct 1, 2014, 5:49:44 AM10/1/14
to Francisco Dalla Rosa Soares, golang-nuts
This is one of the bizarre things about hg, hg update tip _generally_
does what you would expect, except for when it doesn't.

All credit to Andrew Gerrand for educating me that the name of the
default branch is 'default'.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "golang-nuts" group.

nicolas...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2014, 5:52:27 AM10/1/14
to golan...@googlegroups.com
OK, the penny dropped now:

$ hg update tip
2572 files updated, 0 files merged, 2098 files removed, 0 files unresolved

$ hg summary
parent: 21378:304279587445 tip
 tag go1.3.3
branch: default
commit: 25 unknown (clean)
update: (current)

$ hg update release
2376 files updated, 0 files merged, 2294 files removed, 0 files unresolved

$ hg summary
parent: 21322:f44017549ff9 go1.3.3 release
 go1.3.3
branch: release-branch.go1.3
commit: (clean)
update: (current)