Re: [go-nuts] [ANN] Launched my first product developed 100% in Go (Drone.io)

Andrew Gerrand

Oct 11, 2012, 7:18:04 PM10/11/12
to Tom Burke, golan...@googlegroups.com
Very cool. I particularly like the build status widget image that
appears on the GitHub pages of the sub-projects.

Andrew

Kamil Kisiel

Oct 11, 2012, 9:05:06 PM10/11/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 11:11:23 AM UTC-7, Tom Burke wrote:
I wanted to share this for anyone looking for examples of companies/products using Go, and to thank the Go team and community for the great support you provide.  My company recently developed a hosted continuous integration service.  Both the website and back-end services are entirely written in Go. It has worked out great so far.

We've open sourced a few Go projects that we're using internally (planning to add more soon):

go.stripe - A package for processing Stripe payments
routes - An easy to use http routing / middleware package
jkl - a Go port of Jekyll.  We use it for generating our docs and blog.

Would appreciate any feedback on the open source projects, or on the continuous integration service itself (it's free for open source).  Website is: https://drone.io

Thanks,
Tom

Awesome. Just set this up for one of my projects and it was totally painless :) Great work.

Kamil Kisiel

Oct 11, 2012, 9:07:40 PM10/11/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to set up accounts for GitHub organizations? Or would someone from the org need to create a private account and invite the others as collaborators on the projects?

Mateusz Czapliński

Oct 12, 2012, 8:14:28 AM10/12/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:11:23 PM UTC+2, Tom Burke wrote:
jkl - a Go port of Jekyll.  We use it for generating our docs and blog.
Would appreciate any feedback [...]

What's the license, please? I can't seem to find any mention in the README nor in main.go?

Thanks,
/Mateusz Czapliński.

Tom Burke

Oct 12, 2012, 5:19:45 PM10/12/12
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for pointing that out.  It's the MIT License.  It's now added to the repo.

mattn

Apr 18, 2013, 10:55:57 PM4/18/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Do it support deplying go application to appengine ?
Currently, I got error on drone.io:

Invalid or Unsupported Runtime in app.yaml

my app.yaml
--------------
application: foo
version: 1
runtime: go
api_version: go1
--------------

Tony Shao

Apr 18, 2013, 11:31:12 PM4/18/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
1, can't delete project
2, 2 accounts have same email, delete one and another was deleted too

On Friday, October 12, 2012 2:11:23 AM UTC+8, Tom Burke wrote:
I wanted to share this for anyone looking for examples of companies/products using Go, and to thank the Go team and community for the great support you provide.  My company recently developed a hosted continuous integration service.  Both the website and back-end services are entirely written in Go. It has worked out great so far.

We've open sourced a few Go projects that we're using internally (planning to add more soon):

go.stripe - A package for processing Stripe payments
routes - An easy to use http routing / middleware package
jkl - a Go port of Jekyll.  We use it for generating our docs and blog.

Tony Shao

Apr 18, 2013, 11:34:04 PM4/18/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
can't use same repo

Brad Rydzewski

Apr 19, 2013, 1:03:36 AM4/19/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,

We currently support Python and Java. It seems that Go's Appengine SDK has really improved since I last checked (specifically with release 1.7.4) so I'll take some time tomorrow and see if I can get that implemented for you.

Brad Rydzewski

Apr 19, 2013, 2:07:41 AM4/19/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Tony,
  • Go to your project's settings > repository page and you'll have the option to delete
  • You cannot add a project more than once. This is because your Github (or Bitbucket) url is a unique identifier in Drone. This is reflected in your project's Drone url (ie https://drone.io/github.com/gorilla/mux). We modeled this behavior after gopkgdoc
  • Your account xio was deleted. Your second account, xiocode, seems to be in tact: https://drone.io/xiocode
Email us at sup...@drone.io is you have any additional questions or issues and we'd be happy to help.

mattn

Apr 19, 2013, 2:15:26 AM4/19/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Thank for your reply.

> We currently support Python and Java. It seems that Go's Appengine SDK has really improved since I last checked (specifically with release 1.7.4) so I'll take some time tomorrow and see if I can get that implemented for you.

If I'm thinking only about deplying, it use appcfg.py and it's not depend on host runtime languages. Probably,

$ appcfg.py --oauth2_refresh_token=$REFRESH_TOKEN .

This will work all language platforms maybe.

Thanks.

Tony Shao

Apr 19, 2013, 2:17:13 AM4/19/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
But, I deleted xiocode, and than xio and xiocode can't login,  i just re-register xio...
About question 2, i think https://drone.io/gorilla/github.com/gorilla/mux is better choice

David Symonds

Apr 19, 2013, 2:23:18 AM4/19/13
to mattn, golan...@googlegroups.com
Actually that's not 100% accurate if you are relying on appcfg.py to
pick up code out of a $GOPATH. That requires the bits that only appear
in the Go SDK.

mattn

Apr 23, 2013, 7:59:24 AM4/23/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com, mattn
On Friday, April 19, 2013 3:23:18 PM UTC+9, David Symonds wrote:
Actually that's not 100% accurate if you are relying on appcfg.py to
pick up code out of a $GOPATH. That requires the bits that only appear
in the Go SDK.

I prefer to be fixed immediately than implementing with pure-go. :)

mattn

May 17, 2013, 1:42:40 AM5/17/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I don't have this fix yet. Do you have a plan to fix this.
Sorry for my importunate replies.

mattn

Jun 26, 2013, 8:54:26 AM6/26/13
to golan...@googlegroups.com
In few days ago, Google App Engine support git push deploy for go language also.

I cound deploy with git push for my app. How about you support git push deploy for go language on drone.io?
This git push deploy is using basic authentication for push by given username(gmail) and password(token that you get from the dashboard).

This won't depend on appcfg.py to deploy. :)

Thanks.